• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to bring up B12 level quick?

Hi, I was clinically diagnosed as low vitamin b12 status, so was told to bring it up. I've been sucking on 1 1mg Enzymatic Therapy B12 and 1/4 of an 8mg pill of Dibencozide to bring up my status. While doing this, I also added an 800mcg Solgar Metafolin as well to follow Freddd's protocol.

Is this enough Vitamin B12 to bring up my status? I've been a vegetarian for 15 years, so I assume this compounded with other herbs/antibiotics/etc I've taken for years have taken a toll and I'm starting to experience neuropathy.

Am I taking enough B12 to bring up my status? Should I be taking more per day? Should I request methyl-b12 injections on top of the sublinguals?

Thanks for any help!

To summarize, daily I take all sublingually:

1mg Enzymatic Therapy Methyl-B12
2mg Source Naturals Dibencozide
800mcg Solgar Metafolin

Also, i cover the rest of the B's with a Pure Encapsulations Ultranutrients 950 (multivitamin with only L-MTHF, no folate/folinic)

Crux

Beefsterq;

Hi; I would say that if you have a good source for methyl-B12 injections, it would be a good idea to add them, or at least increase the subs. ( maybe alot )

Neuropathy is a very strong symptom. For me, it means, more MB12, quickly.

Is there like a top level number? I'd obviously like to avoid injections at all costs. Should I suck on 5 a day? 10 a day? And would my liver store it at some point where I can start to reduce the number?

It is *amazing* how quickly I can stop the neuropathy though. Literally 30 minutes after the sublingual, the neuropathy is gone. Guess Freddd is onto something with his "5 star rating" of enzymatic therapy.

I figured since I took both forms of b12, at much higher than RDA levels, I figured I'd be out of the woods soon enough, but sounds like maybe not.

Crux

Beefsterq
I wonder what type of sensations you're having. It's great that you respond so quickly. How long does it take for the neuropathy to return?

Maybe you could add sublinguals in divided doses, several times a day. I'm not sure how much you will need daily, I wish I could. But if symptoms return every day, and are relieved so fast, maybe you will have an easier time with figuring your amounts. The amounts should be enough to keep the symptoms away.

I'm unsure about being able to reduce the subs. in the future. A person in good health is supposed to be able to store B12 in the liver, but I am not that person.

I agree that Freddd's recommended brand, Enzymatic Therapy, is tops. I'm glad it works!

Idie

There is increasing skepticism that "usable" B12 is stored in the liver. I have spoken to a researcher who is working on B12 storage and told me that what is stored in the liver is likely B12 analogs and they are unusable by the body. B12 is water soluble, so replenishing seems to make sense. As to how to get your B12 up quick---my experience is that it takes a long time for the body to be able to recover once you get neuropathy. You may get improvement but if you cease using Methyl B12 the neuropathy will return. It has taken four years of consistent high doses for me to maintain improvement over longer periods of time. That said, Methyl B12 was a life-saver for me. I

Oh man, that sucks that it doesn't get stored.

Well, at least its the cheapest supplement I take monthly (like $4/bottle/month of enzy) :) Small blessings!

Lotus97

Something I've been considering trying is dissolving B12 into a nasal spray bottle, but the tricky part is figuring out the dosages. The absorption rate will be higher than sublingual so you won't need as much. This hasn't really been tested by anyone as far as I know so I'm not recommending it...