• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How should I approach my deficiencies?

Hi everyone, I hope you're all feeling well. I'm in a bit of a pickle on how to treat my folate deficiency and low b12 as iv also found out I have the mthfr a1298c homozygous gene.

I looked at what type of b12 and according to my vdr tag etc it says "Adenosylcobalamin and hydroxocobalamin with less methylcobalamin"

Iv never had a b12 injection as my levels were borderline low and there's no way a doctor would agree here in the UK, and iv heard it's always best to get a b12 injection done first time by a medical professional just incase you have an allergic reaction. So I can't self inject b12.

Isn't oral/lozenges better in methyl form and hydroxo doesn't do much?

Should I just take methyl b12 and methyl folate even though it says I can't tolerate it as well? How much should I start with? I'm so lost right now.

Iv got methyl b12 spray and lozenges, hydroxo lozenges, methyl folate 400 mcg tabs. I'd love some advice if possible please guys and girls :)

Go to my signature link and look for the documents "Start Low and Go Slow" and "Roadblocks to Successful Methylation".

Don't start until you have rescue supplements on hand or you might be very sorry.

Thank you :) im reading it now so wish me luck lol

caledonia

I was interested too but I'm not techy so it took me a while to find what you were talking about. For other non-techy interested people here is the link to that page:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?entries/caledonias-methylation-and-mercury-links.1744/

Maybe I'm underestimating ME brain fog - I will put something like Click Here after it so it's more obvious.

If you have the signatures feature turned off, you won't be able to see it. It should be on by default.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I'm sorry. I guess it's also because I'm newer here. I do see your signature and I click on it and then click on it in the little box that pops up which I believe is taking me to your profile page but I don't see anything that says, "documents" or the names of those documents. I even clicked through all the 10+ pages of your posts.

And even now when I go back and try to remember how I found it the first time, I'm lost. Sorry.:( I did also go to the help pages as well to see if there is a topic on Signatures and turning on that feature, etc. Anyway, thanks for responding.

I'll keep working on learning the site more. Thanks for your patience.

***Edit: I found it the 2nd time. :D It was under your blog entries...unless you just added it there since the 1st time I looked. :confused:

Last edited: