• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How long does Genetic Genie take?

Sea

I've followed the instructions to upload my 23andme data to Genetic Genie. It says the upload can take a while, but how long is a while? It has currently been 30 minutes with no status bar to indicate that anything is happening.

kday

If you are using Safari for Mac, the web browser itself has a bug when uploading that Apple hasn't fixed in years. I used a workaround for that bug, but javascript has to be enabled and I'm not 100% sure it works 100% of the time as I have had some Safari users have trouble still. I don't know why this is as I can't reproduce it on my end in any version of Safari.

Also, sometimes uploads get corrupted in the process (especially on a slow or unstable internet connection), and just fail. So you just do it again. Pretty soon, the site will connect directly to 23andMe, so users will not have to upload anything. It will be as simple as clicking a button. This should make it so easy, even your grandma can do it (no offense to grandma's). :)