• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How do you treat overmethylation?

pamojja

ok so I will be taking:
nicotinic acid (flush kind) - 1000mg Daily
Hydroxo B12 - 1mg Daily
Electrolytes - (No idea, help?)
Glutathione - 1000mg daily
Folinic acid - 1600mg daily
Histidine - 1000mg daily
zinc - 50mg daily
carnosine (do I need this if I already take Histidine? both raise histamine lvls right? would combining both be beneficient?) - 1000mg daily
Manganese - 10mg daily
Vitamin c - 2000mg daily
b6 (as P5P) - 50mg daily
molybdenum -500 mcg daily
Pantothenic - 1000mg daily
Quercetin - 2000mg daily
vitamin E - 1000mg daily
chromium - 200 mcg daily

I will start with nicotinic acid , folinic acid and hydroxo b12 first and see how it goes.

Most of the dosages you mention are quite high. Most people advise starting low and raising the dosage slowly.
to each their own but this is what i read to be most effective. also better safe than sorry. If your overmethylation is genetics you would want the highest possible healthy doses so it actually has an impact.

I made the experience with supplementation that it is more safe and efficient to always start with the lowest possible dose of a new supplement, then increase gradually over month and years. And better start with one agent at a time. The Reasons are:
  • You could catch an always possible allergic reaction early on, and not so severe that at full dose. Which also could come from other ingredients in a supplement, and are able to rectify the offender right away.
  • You will know at exactly which dose what effect to expect. There could be a marked U-curve response and sometimes more is not better. If it still would be, you'll find the exact effective dose. And don't waste your money.
  • Supplementing against genetic-individuality is a life-long project. You don't take the pills and it's done. You probably will take it for the rest of your life and will have to adapt doses again, because specific deficiencies will have improved, and other worsened. Take your time to find the most effective protocol for your situation.
  • Increasing one nutrient high dose will invariably increase the need for others involved with the same metabolic pathway. By increasing slowly you'll catch them early on, were they are still easier to correct.
  • Test, don't guess. For example manganese at that dose could cause big problems in the long term if you're not deficient in the first place. 1000mg vitamin E will invariably deplete gamma-tocopherols - just as a few examples.
Electrolytes - (No idea, help?)

Especially electrolytes very fast get depleted with high-dose vitamins, and you soon could find that you need additional grams of elemental potassium, magnesium and sodium. Therefore start with a few hundred milligrams and increase gradually over months and years. Get your electrolytes tested regularly. Better still would be hair tissue mineral analysis, along with all standard laboratory markers.

Fred Smith

guys this product on this link https://custommedicine.com.au/shop/products/over-methylator-caps-100/ contains:

Product Description
The daily dose is 3 capsules a day. Three capsules contain: Vit C 1000mg Niacinamide 500mg Zinc 50mg (Zn Pic = 237mg) Vit E 400iu B12 1000mcg Folinic acid 1000mcg P5P 25mg Pyridoxine 50mg. Expect improvements after 3-6 months on treatment. Higher doses of zinc are avilable on prescription

capsule__49561__32910.jpg

lch1

A New Day, Every Day!
I have been reading on this forum and everyone says different things. what i have been reading is are you supposed to take folic acid, niacin and b12? is this true and what doses?

So how do you treat Histapenia (overmethylation)?

Hi, You will find a good deal of information on mthfr.net. You can take nicotinic acid (niacin), for one thing. If you feel the flush, your methylation level is ok. If you don't flush, the niacin is burning up the excess. There are other ways, I highly recommend checking that site and do a search. Good luck!

Fred Smith

Hi, You will find a good deal of information on mthfr.net. You can take nicotinic acid (niacin), for one thing. If you feel the flush, your methylation level is ok. If you don't flush, the niacin is burning up the excess. There are other ways, I highly recommend checking that site and do a search. Good luck!
that didn't help me one bit .