• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How do you track symptoms and influencers of symptoms?

Dufresne

almost there...
I use a little black book. I mark the date, all the food and drink I consumed, and any medical interventions. Then just below this I mark down how I felt through the day, symptoms, etc. I also use the book for any insights or ideas about my health and I just add them in wherever I am in the book so I know what days the ideas came to me. I've a grading system I employ for the ideas so that it's easy to check back over time and look as deeply as I need into the thoughts I've had about my health.

I've been doing this for several years now and gone through a number of books. The one I've had for the last year or so is definitely the best. Keeping notes really is necessary if one wants to get to the bottom of their symptoms.