• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How do I know if CBS is "expressed"?

@ahmo @Star-Anise @Critterina @SOC @caledonia

Thanks again everyone. I have been using the strips and keeping track.

Are there other tests that I should take that may need to illuminate whether CBS may be expressed?

@alex3619 Thanks for the info. What is the practical relevance of that info? Should I have kidney and liver tested? Would you recommend sulfur or ammonia tests. I did have ammonia tested in past and it was high and then not upon retest.

I am not wanting to limit animal protein at this time. I keep getting conflicted info. Most docs are telling me animal protein and eggs and brocolli. Then I read that I can't eat any of those due to CBS, Glutamate or sulfur. Combine this with no Gluten or dairy and you rapidly run out of things you can eat.

There was no mention of suox on my 23and me. It wasn't even listed with no call or anything like that. Is that odd? illuminating?

I would like to avoid the whole CBS process on heartfixer if possible

Thanks again everyone

ahmo

@anxiousguy, I'm just watching another Ben Lynch vid.He's part of a panel of 4, not brilliant, but it does give some perspective on his work and the field of methylation. From around 36" they start talking about CBS, oxidative stress. I'm in the midst of it, sounds like it might be helpful for understanding it all a bit more. The newer Lynch vids I'd seen listed are just a few minutes each.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=N8J_03iAPuA

ahmo

This turns out to be a very interesting talk. It goes on to ask the exact question you title this thread, to talk about COMT and MAO. And Ben Lynch at around 1'15" addresses you, personally, anxiousguy.;)

@anxiousguy I did not read page 2 but I read most all of page one, I feel your pain, look into pure inosito( it's part of the vitamin b family) it has been implicated in the calming of the mind as well as helping with OCD buy the bulk powder from NOW starting dose is 1.5 mg but work up to 10-12 for OCD had been of big help to me (in slowing my mind down) just google inositol OCD.

Was your b-6 high on blood test?
So was mine but then I had an organic acid test and it was super low, it will be high in your blood because your body is trying to store it.

Also you said high methionine, mine was high on blood AA but low on urine AA. The blood AA is a snapshot of what's going on the last 18 hrs so what you eat/do will greatly affect it. Urine AA reflects what's going on long term, what's stored in your tissue and what your using.

Also take this from someone who has spent tens of thousands of dollars this this last year and a half. Conventional medical tests are useless. Functional test have been the only thing to show dysfunction with me (granted this is me) but it seems to be a trend in PWC. Goes to doctor feels like hell has every blood test from doc office done over corse of year nothing ever shows up. Not trying to sell you anything but... The 3 most important test I have ever got done are methylation pathway analysis, OAT, URINE AA. And for you def urine essential and toxic elements. Are you familiar with the notions or heavy metals, mineral imbalances causing mood disorders? Very very important if you have time to read look into yasko's book it's availed online here's a link very interesting regarding msg's glutamate foods as excitatory neurotoxins. Implicated in glutamate/GABA imbalance causing anxiety and over stimulation... I'd reccoomend checking it out start on chap 4. But I highly recommend chap 2 and 3 as well ... You will have a whole new understanding on many of the things your going through. Chap 6 also talks about cbs, how and when to treat it.