• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How decide on next tests to take?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
@roxie60

Have you looked directly at the Infectolab website?

http://www.infectolab.de/index.php?id=51&L=1&L=1\'

I don't see the word " Chlamydophila" but these LTT tests are listed:

- Chlamydia pneumoniae-Elispot-LTT

- Chlamydia trachomatis-Elispot-LTT

- Ehrlichia/Anaplasma-Elispot-LTT

- Yersinia-Elispot-LTT

- Epstein Barr-Virus (EBV)-Elispot-LTT

You should be able to choose just the tests you want. As I wrote, the LTT for borrelia is 184 euros. I did the C. Pneumonia both by antibodies and PCR, but not by LTT.

Infectolab will send results directly to patients, at least they have for everyone I know. I emailed them and got my results overnight. The LTT tests take 2 weeks. I don't know if you can order tests directly from them without a doctor but they would tell you if you emailed them. I think the main difficulty with using Infectolabs from the US is shipping--another thing to ask about.

I had the Igenex complete co-infections and it missed the Bartonella that was found later by PCR (DNA). Ignenex tests for very a very limited number of strains so that is probably why they missed it. I think they test for 3 Bartonella strains when there are over 30 known.

Best wishes in making these decisions.
Sushi

roxie60

@roxie60

Have you looked directly at the Infectolab website?

http://www.infectolab.de/index.php?id=51&L=1&L=1\'

I don't see the word " Chlamydophila" but these LTT tests are listed:

- Chlamydia pneumoniae-Elispot-LTT

- Chlamydia trachomatis-Elispot-LTT

- Ehrlichia/Anaplasma-Elispot-LTT

- Yersinia-Elispot-LTT

- Epstein Barr-Virus (EBV)-Elispot-LTT

You should be able to choose just the tests you want. As I wrote, the LTT for borrelia is 184 euros. I did the C. Pneumonia both by antibodies and PCR, but not by LTT.

Infectolab will send results directly to patients, at least they have for everyone I know. I emailed them and got my results overnight. The LTT tests take 2 weeks. I don't know if you can order tests directly from them without a doctor but they would tell you if you emailed them. I think the main difficulty with using Infectolabs from the US is shipping--another thing to ask about.

I had the Igenex complete co-infections and it missed the Bartonella that was found later by PCR (DNA). Ignenex tests for very a very limited number of strains so that is probably why they missed it. I think they test for 3 Bartonella strains when there are over 30 known.

Best wishes in making these decisions.
Sushi

Thanks @Sushi , I actually sent them an email with many questions early this morning after I found there website. Although what I saw seems a bit different from what you listed so maybe I need to take another look. I really dont know what I'm going to do.

I notice some places list a Chlamydiophila and I just presumed it was just another name for Chlamydia. I did not think I needed the Chlamydia T.

I appreciate the info. I just really want to know what is going on inside so I can have more confidence regarding a treatment plan. I just dont understand why I'm feeling slightly better (grateful) but it is so confusing and I feel gun shy expecting the next crash. I just want to be well again, life is hard enough without the added burden of mystery illinesses and all the un associated with that.

Valentijn

I can't believe the cost of the LTT. Are there any US companies that do the test so you don't have to pay for shipping? I looked into the German one at one point but decided I didn't feel strongly enough about lyme to spend that much. I hope you can find he answers you need.
http://www.melisa.org/metals-disease/diseases/borrelialyme-disease looks like it offers it, though you probably need to contact them directly to figure out how to order it.

Valentijn

They didn't send me my results when I asked them to - they insisted I get them from my doctor instead. Maybe it makes a difference if it's a more local doctor ordering the test, or if the Lyme results are positive.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
They didn't send me my results when I asked them to - they insisted I get them from my doctor instead. Maybe it makes a difference if it's a more local doctor ordering the test, or if the Lyme results are positive.

Who knows! Or maybe they have just changed their policy. A few other members here who had positive results got them directly by email but it was some months ago.

Sushi

If I am remembering right, you can't get real test results if you've had antibiotics recently. I mean what if the antibiotics lowered the levels in your system so you show up below the cutoffs, and don't get diagnosed? You may need to wait.