• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How can we help the WPI earn money from the "Chase Community Giving" program?

omerbasket

In April 21st the competition of the "Chase Community Giving program" is going to begin (I found it through the WPI website). This competition includes many many charity organizations, and the voters are the internet surfers. There are two rounds: The top 100 organizations in the first round wins 25,000$ each, and then they qualify to round number two. In round number two, the winner wins 500,000$, and the other 99 organization win prizes anywhere from 20,000$ to 400,000$. This is the link to the competition - again, the voting starts on April 21st:
http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/

If I remember correctly, the WPI had participated in this competition last year, as well as in a competition of American Express - and did not earn any money from those competitions. So it's very difficlult to win there. So the question is: What can we do in order to sustantially increase the WPI chances? They desperately need more money. More money could mean, for example, money to sequence full genomes of the isolates they have, which is very important and can be very important against the contamination claims, as well as in favour of testing for viruses that are not exactly 100% VP62. And that is just one example out of many examples for what the WPI can do with the money.

So, as I said, the competition begins in April 21st, and since it writes to me "10 VOTES LEFT", I guess every one of us can vote up to 10 times - so we better do it, because probably most of the voters for the other organizations will.

Another, I think very important way, would be to send invitations to the voting to your contacts on facebook, or through email and other routes.

Now, please, if you have other suggestions or thoughts about possible routes to help the WPI win this money, please write it here.

beesknees

The only thing I can think of that hasn't been mentioned yet is writing to CFS bloggers. Asking them to write about it on their blogs.

Also, if anyone knows their local cfs supprt groups, they could let them know.

SaveMe

"So the question is: What can we do in order to sustantially increase the WPI chances?"-omerbasket

Am I allowed to program bots?

jace

Off the fence
Encourage all those yet to register on Facebook to do so. If you are concerned about privacy, make a new email address just for FB, and don't use your real name. Simple.

Hope123

If I recall correctly, WPI could not participate last year in Chase because they were considered "too big" of group in terms of the money they already had. That is why many people focused their efforts on PANDORA

Dolphin

So, as I said, the competition begins in April 21st, and since it writes to me "10 VOTES LEFT", I guess every one of us can vote up to 10 times - so we better do it, because probably most of the voters for the other organizations will.
You can't vote for the same organisation 10 times if that is what you are suggesting.

Dolphin

One thing a few of us did last time when PANDORA one was put it in our sig on Phoenix Rising.

One can also put it in other signatures e.g. so it is by default in E-mails when you open one to write one (you can delete these if you think it's not appropriate for a particular individual).