• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How can I get Imunovir in the United States?

el_squared

My doctor wants me to take it due to no NK cell function, but he says it's not sold in the U.S. He gave me no direction on how to go about getting it (Imunovir).

Diwi9

Administrator
I'm on Inosine by Anabol Naturals, it's OTC and I ordered it online. I believe that Inosine is a precursor of some sorts to Imunovir. Maybe someone else can confirm.

el_squared

I'm on Inosine by Anabol Naturals, it's OTC and I ordered it online. I believe that Inosine is a precursor of some sorts to Imunovir. Maybe someone else can confirm.
Thanks. Are you tolerating it okay? Is it helping?

Diwi9

Administrator
Thanks. Are you tolerating it okay? Is it helping?
I was instructed to titrate it...so started at one per day for a week, then twice daily after the first week. I'm dealing with it fine and started it at the same time as Valtrex. I began having significant improvements on the combination after 5 weeks. Still improved overall (at about 8 weeks now), but the disease fluctuates, so some days are better than others.

el_squared

I was instructed to titrate it...so started at one per day for a week, then twice daily after the first week. I'm dealing with it fine and started it at the same time as Valtrex. I began having significant improvements on the combination after 5 weeks. Still improved overall (at about 8 weeks now), but the disease fluctuates, so some days are better than others.
Great to hear. I recently started on Valtrex, although I have only been able to tolerate a quarter of a 500mg tablet, so far.

Diwi9

Administrator
Great to hear. I recently started on Valtrex, although I have only been able to tolerate a quarter of a 500mg tablet, so far.
Oh wow. I think I'm luckier than a lot in terms of tolerance with meds... I hope the Valtrex helps you.

Ema

Inosine and Immunovir are not the same thing. I’m not sure why people say they can be used interchangeably (but I would love to know!).

They both are helpful, but inosine is far more tolerable than Immunovir for me. I take inosine to raise my uric acid levels into the optimal range found in studies for MS.

Immunovir always makes me dizzy, no side effects to inosine.

There is a post on the differences here by @Eeyore. http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/difference-between-inosine-and-imunovir.39668/

LaurelW

I get Imunovir from Canada Pharmacy Online, with a prescription from my ME doctor. I've been on it for a year, and it seems to be helping me.