Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How accurate are these tests?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by ripply, Oct 29, 2018.

1. ripply

ripply

I have been having a lot of health problems this year and was diagnosed with M.E. and then with Fibromyalgia. I had some blood tests done at Armin labs and the Lyme tests came back negative. They showed a chronic mycoplasma infection and I am now being treated with long term antibiotics. The doctor believes I do have Lyme because I have all the symptoms. Could anyone tell me how accurate these tests from Armin are? Is it possible I don’t have Lyme or is it just wishful thinking?

2. used_to_race

used_to_race

Southern California
    There is a lot of controversy surrounding Armin Labs. Chronic mycoplasma infections are also controversial. I too had positive titers for mycoplasma pneumonia but decided not to pursue it because, for this pathogen in particular, there are lots of false positives. It's not impossible though, and it's something I have considered as well. What is the antibiotic treatment they put you on?

ripply likes this.
  3. mattie

mattie Senior Member

ljimbo423 and ripply like this.
  4. ripply

ripply

I must be one of the few who tested negative then! I know there are no absolutely reliable tests but Armin was recommended by my doctor so I was hoping it was the best.

I’m now on lymecycline and Rifampicin.

5. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe
    Tests from armin labs are unreliable, even healthy persons nearly always test positive.

See more popular forum discussions.