• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hormones.

Fuzzyhead

Had my blood tested because of irregular periods and my hormone levels were abnormal. I am having an ultrasound next week to have a check but i was given no explanation or advice about my abnormal hormones. Do you usually just leave it or take something to help?

Undisclosed

Which hormones were abnormal? Often hormone therapy -- whether to give or not to give -- is related to a few things. Age, severity of symptoms, risk factors etc.

Fuzzyhead

Which hormones were abnormal? Often hormone therapy -- whether to give or not to give -- is related to a few things. Age, severity of symptoms, risk factors etc.
I am 46 (47 next month). It was FSH and LH that was raised.

ukxmrv

They are looking to see if you are going through the menopause I guess?

FSH is often raised in menopause. LH goes up and down depending where you are in your cycle. They probably told you to come in for bloods on a certain day of your cycle or asked which day it was.

Are they going to do an ultrasound of your ovaries?