• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Homeopathy for Lyme / Autoimmune - C128 LD Nosodes Formula

Shellbell

Hi Kyrie, welcome to the thread! I don't have lyme, but I would love to hear your views and share what you know about homeopathy. I have been working with a great homeopath for the last year which has helped me regain some of my life back, enough so I can return to work part time this fall as a teacher. At the moment I am stuck and my constitutional remedy isn't working, so she is looking at putting me on nosodes, possibly sarcodes. I am glad to hear you are doing better. I look forward to your posts!!

Hugs,
Shelly

Kalkita

Hobbling to perfection....
HI Shelly - Thank you for the welcome! I can tell you what I know but by no means am I an expert. I only got through the first layer but I love it and continue to read when my brain can handle it. I am also a teacher but more like a life coach. It is what manifested after all the sickness I endured.

I'm glad to hear you found a great homeopath. Getting one that cares is important - because they work very hard behind the scenes. After your appt with them, they study and study. A 3 hour initial interview can be many more hours of work if they do not see the case right away. And most homeopaths I have worked with have done just that - 5 or 10 hours more study to find out more about who I am. And the system for prescribing is not as clear as in other medicines.

Nosodes etc are a part of homeopathy but they are not often used classically. In Homeopathy, one of the core precepts is "like cures like". It means if you have lyme disease, you would not take a lyme disease nosode you would find something else in the animal, plant or mineral kingdom that produces similar results in a well person (proving). But I have heard it works and if it ameliorates suffering, then it is so. It is another way. A constitutional remedy is often not the final remedy you will receive and you may revisit it later. Often there are many layers to be gone through - depending on how deep and complex your case is. A constitutional remedy is one based on your life, your story, your problems and choices. An acute is more likely to be based on the thing that happened: like a burn or a trauma. It is more related to genus epidemicus. I hope I spelled that right. If an acute exists for a period of time and does not heal - then the symptoms may move in the chronic picture which is where you then receive a constitutional remedy And you can have many, many of those. Many homeopaths believe there is one perfect remedy for each person but I don't think the universe is that picky. Many homeopaths, even if they are looking at the deepest of symptoms, have to take off layers to reveal the core or true issues that are motivating sickness.

Please feel free to ask questions although I may not answer quickly. I think people here understand so I won't explain myself :).

Blessings,
Kalki(ta)

Shellbell

Kalkita, sorry I addressed you by another name. My brain isn't working well today. Isn't homeopathy interesting and there are so many views. She is very much a classical homeopath, but has recently branched out a bit in training. She is finding that when the constitutional remedies stall, she moves to other remedies, including nosodes. The one's she is using are for digestive issues mainly. She also treats for miasm, which she think I fall into the TB one.

She recovered from cancer through her own personal homeopath who is also one of her teachers. She is pretty amazing. I have met some of her patients who were very ill and they speak highly of her. They are doing well. So I hold onto the fact that I can heal too. My first interview with her was 5 hours long. My case is quite complex and she wanted to make sure she got every bit of it. She is going through this layer by layer, using different remedies along the way. I keep with her as she is patient, knowledgable, and very caring and wants to see me well. As long as I am moving forward, that is what counts.

Thanks again, and again, sorry about your name.

Blessings to you,
Shelly

Wayne

I have been staying in NC for the last two months and had repeated tick incidences (multiple kinds of ticks) and now I have deep bone pains, fevers, nausea, cramping, etc. I took antibiotics for 7 days and then for about 21 but with only temporary amelioration of the symptoms. I have been ill, for the most part, for 17 years but before this particular incident - I was doing really well! I seem to have gotten really sick, really fast, unfortunately.

Hi Kyrie,
First and foremost, welcome to the forum! :balloons: And an especially warm welcome to this thread. ;)

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time. After doing so well, I can only imagine what a letdown it is for you at this time. But given your past very successful experience wIth homeopathy in which your body responded so dramatically, I think the odds are very good that you will again find the right remedies to overcome this latest downturn. -- Before I forget, Chris posted a separate thread a few days ago that you might find interesting if you've not already viewed it. The passion he feels for homeopathy is very clear in his post.

Homeopathy and Other Things

Regarding your comment about your deep pains, it reminds me of an experience Chris shared with me, where after taking a single dose, a long and deep pain in his hip (I believe where he got bit by the tick) cleared up in about 15 minutes, never to return. (The best I remember his story).

Please do not be concerned about taking the focus off of me! I'm just trying to share what may turn out to be a transformative time for me, and am using this thread as sort of a diary in the process. I feel like I'm still a novice, and that there's is so much more for me to learn and integrate. I'm very curious to hear more about your own views on homeopathy, and and how you feel things are adapting and changing in the field. So, please do jump in, and keep jumping in! :)

Wayne

Kalkita

Hobbling to perfection....
HI Shelly -

You got my name right - I changed it to a nickname :). Even if you got it wrong - which you didn't, I am not bothered by most things.

In general, my understanding is if the remedy isn't working - it means to wait or change. Sometimes waiting is what is necessary too. It depends on each case. This is one of the reasons I love homeopathy - each case is different and treated differently. Each situation, the homeopath will assess the situation, the patient, etc and make a decision. The body is being fed energy to produce wonderful results in self healing. And treating miasms is deep work. I never really understood miasms as well as I could have. I mean I understand what they are - but not how the interrelate to symptoms of the constitutional remedy. I mean, I understand a constitutional is blocked - but the symptoms of the miasm and the remedy picture are intertwined.

I am not judging what you said by any means - this is not my work or my place to be - I am only commenting and truthfully, if it made you even slightly uncomfortable - I am sorry. You found someone who is investing in your health care and recovery: To have someone like this is a real blessing. And while there are some "rules" about homeopathy - rules are also meant to be broken. I am not fond of rules personally and do what is necessary.

I am sure that many times my homeopath found my remedy only to find we had a new one burgeoning. I am a very complex case though with many traumas and layers of sickness so unraveling me was very long and in the end not entirely successful. I chose a physical route after that - working with supplements, herbs and other such means. I am back to energy and detoxification but I need something very powerful for myself now. I looked up my old homeopath and I think I will go back to her now because this lyme - or whatever I am sick from - is very very deep. It is only two months and I can barely walk.

And while I don't think I was a successful case in treatment - I know there were reasons for it. I really needed to change myself in order to heal. I was so sick - really sick - but I was staying the same. How could I heal this way?

re your homeopath - I am very happy to hear of such wonderful healing - recovery from cancer and helping others. I believe in this kind of life-story as being the reason and solution as to why we are here. This is coming into our gifts the hard way but man = can you shine afterwards.

What city is your homeopath in? I hope this isn't too personal!! Many blessings to you too. And may you heal. Kalki

Shellbell

Hey Kalki,

In no way am I uncomfortable at all. Sorry if it came across that way. I have had such a hard day. I am so interested in what you are sharing. It is good to converse with someone who understands homeopathy. It is funny that you brought up that you changed paths along the way, because I am kind of doing that right now. I want to continue with homeopathy, but my body is so undernourished that I need to do more than energy healing. My homeopath even said that my deficiencies need to be addressed. So I am on a path right now to figure out where to start. I have tried so many different things in the past, but my body is very resistant to supplements and they generally make me feel worse for long periods of time without success. I had a brief period last year after my remedy started working where my sensitivities went way down. However, I had a pretty powerful toxic exposure at Christmas and it has taken awhile for things to turn around. But I am doing better, but the sensitivities remain. Every supplement I try ends with me feeling awful.

I am so sorry you have been so sick. I sound a lot like you too, but have faith that I will get better. I think going back to your homeopath is a great idea. I hope you find success. I am such a believer in homeopathy. My daughter has had great success with her treatment.

My homeopath is in San Diego. She only works by word of mouth and out of her home. She is very busy with patients these days. She works a lot with autism patients. Treating children are really her first priority in her practice, but she decided to take me on as I was referred. She also treats a lot of her younger patients parents too.

Let's keep in touch. I would like to hear more.

Hugs to you,
Shelly

Dufresne

almost there...
Welcome Kyrie, I hope you find what you need on the forum here.

I'm also a firm believer in homeopathy, but when it comes to recent acquisition of tick-born infections I think aggressive antibiotic therapy is the best bet. You don't want to let this one get away from you, especially if you've had compromised health in the past.

Wayne

I'm also a firm believer in homeopathy, but when it comes to recent acquisition of tick-born infections I think aggressive antibiotic therapy is the best bet. You don't want to let this one get away from you, especially if you've had compromised health in the past.

I strongly agree with this. My understanding is that if you can treat a Lyme infection aggressively with antiobiotics within a window of the first few weeks, you can knock it out completely. I have three friends who have had this experience. Two of them had gotten VERY sick, and the third started on ABX within a couple days of getting bit by a tick and before getting sick. All are now completely infection free.

Kyrie, I was wondering if your doctor is an LLMD. If not, I would consider trying to find one to see if he could help you knock this infection out right away.

Best, Wayne

brenda

Hi Wayne

I ordered the book and am very keen to get started. Is the 128 LD the best way to get started?

Wayne

I ordered the book and am very keen to get started. Is the 128 LD the best way to get started?

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for the link; I'll definitely check it out. As I remember, the 128 LD Nosodes Formula was what I started on (exclusively) before doing anything else. One of the benefits of creating this thread is that it serves as sort of a diary for the path I've been traveling. My memory is so impaired, that it would be very difficult for me to remember it all, and I've referred back to my earlier posts on a number of occasions.

I'm curious what your impressions are of the book. And I'm very interested in hearing how you progress once you get started. I've been a "little" discouraged by my limited amount of progress so far. But I'm not surprised either, feeling for a long time I have a number of other layers of health issues to deal with besides the Lyme infection. But for others who have less layers (and are younger than my 60 years of age), I think the odds are good their improvement could be much better than mine and much more rapid. Chris's experience with others locally would indicate this anyway.

Best, Wayne

Wayne

A Quick Update: It's been difficult for me to ascertain what's been going on lately because there's so many factors I'm trying to keep in mind: the homeopathic remedies, the MMS (chlorine dioxide), taking olive leaf extract (OLE), being exposed to the pesticides next door, and then starting on some Garden of Life brand mushroom extracts.

This is my best take: 1) I think I'm over the worst of the pesticide poisoning, so have not been factoring that much into my daily sense of what's happening in my body. 2) I discontinued the mushroom extracts two days ago, and seem to have pinpointed that it was the reason for a pretty significant exacerbation of my vertigo. 3) I DON'T believe the homeopathic remedies are shifting things significantly for me at this time (it may be time to do some more doses). 4) The combination of adding the OLE to my MMS drink seems to be a good thing, and I tend to experience a certain degree of "vitalization" after drinking my concoction.

Not very scientific, but it seems that the OLE and the MMS are good adjuncts for me at this time. Regarding the mushroom extracts, I have two slightly different products with many of the same ingredients, but I'm going to experiment soon and only take one to see if the vertigo returns.

Best Regards, Wayne

brenda

Wayne thanks I will let you know what I think of the book.

It will be interesting to see how I get on with homeopathy as I am about the same age as you. I wonder though whether your lack of progress has anything to do with the pesticide exposure, and whether it is recurrent. Pesticides have a significant effect on our health - I know because I had a massive exposure. Do your neighbours spray their property regularly? If so you need to take action.

Dufresne

almost there...
I wonder if Chris has had the same kind of success with ME/CFS people. Perhaps he could comment now that he's on the forum. From what I've read of Lyme recoveries, they're almost all people without a pronounced post-exertional malaise. If one describes themselves as having "chronic fatigue syndrome" to a Lyme Literate practitioner I would think they automatically get lumped in with LD patients. I believe LD and ME/CFS are separate entities (as the spinal tap study suggests), even if there is some overlap. I think for those of us unlucky enough to have both, treatment of Lyme can bring about improvements but seldom the cure we all hope for. And I think the ME/CFS side of things complicates and slows the progress of the Lyme treatment, which is what Wayne seemed to be describing in his last post. So many facets!

Wayne

I just had a very interesting phone visit with a local man (JP) who has Lyme (as does his wife and two children). He’s been working with Chris using homeopathy since I put them in touch with each other a few weeks ago. But he’s also done a lot of other things in the past, and recently had some very good success using MMS (Miracle Mineral Solution - [chlorine dioxide]). I’ve not yet met him in person, but we talk occasionally, and I was impressed with some of the things he shared with me this morning. I’m going to try to write about some of this conversation before I forget too much.

1) Regarding the MMS; he said it has virtually cleared up all of his stomach problems, which he has long felt were a core issue for him. He believes they started after he inadvertently drank some contaminated water containing some kind of parasite (5-6 years ago), as he felt horrible the following day and never recovered. He feels this contributed in a major way to his Lyme becoming much worse than it had been, primarily because he felt it totally shut down his immune system.

He said that after doing the MMS for a while, he was leaning over, and all of a sudden felt a pop in his sinuses. And once this “pop” occurred, his balance, which had been a major problem for him, went away at the same time. And shortly after, the severe stomach problems that had plagued him for about 5-6 years virtually disappeared. He said he actually began to feel hunger again. He’s taking a break from the MMS at the moment, but intends to get back to it again soon. He feels it is very safe, as it breaks down into a salt within a couple of hours after ingesting it.

2) JP has done so many things over the years, and he mentioned one VERY significant thing he did was to take a drug called coartem. It apparently is quite harsh, and can only be taken a day or two at a time. But he said it was miraculous for him, primarily because it very quickly seemed to clear out most of his Babesia symptoms. He mentioned several, but the ones I remember were the night sweats and “trembling” that went away almost immediately (never to return).

3) Another HUGE event for him was taking a drug called “bicillan”, which he described as a penicillin type drug that has the ability to cross the blood brain barrier. He did about 3-4 injections/week for about 8 months. He said it was also miraculous in that it brought back his cognitive function, and he was able to do math again. Interestingly, he had long thought that he would probably never do any drugs (which is the way I’ve been leaning), but believes he would be nowhere near where he is now without doing these two drugs. And he feels he's doing better now than he has in years.

4) He’s also been on an intensive program using Rife frequencies for about the past 2-3 years, doing about 2 hours each day. He strongly believes in using whatever therapies are available, including homeopathy, although I don't know that he has a clear sense of how much this is helping him. The main issue he’s dealing with now however, is trying to address some of the damage that’s been done to his heart from the long-standing Lyme infections. He’s working with Chris on that at the moment, using homeopathy and other supplements and herbs. But he says he sometimes can’t believe how much better he’s doing. He feels if he can heal his heart, he’ll “be on his way”. It was good to hear him talking so optimistically.

Wayne

brenda

I received the book

The Homeopathic Treatment of
Lyme Disease

By Peter Alex, Naturopathic Physician
Translated by Doug Smith, PhD, HD
HomeopathyWest Publishing

It has a large amount of case histories and will be of interest to homeopathic practitioners,but was of little use to me.

Wayne

Miasms can block the ability of the constitutional remedy from taking full effect of doing it's job. ......... To date, I have regained more health and am more active than I have been in 5 years. I still have some bad episodes here and there, but I find I am coping better with this illness.

Hi Shellbell,

Long time since we've corresponded. I hope you are well. I've recently taken a renewed interest in miams, and discovered a web page that succinctly describes miasms and the importance of treating them.

Miasms
What they are and why it's important to treat them

I'm particularly interested in possibly treating a DDT miasm, which this particular practitioner has discovered most people are dealing with to one degree or another. My mother grew up on a dairy farm, and used to describe how they sprayed DDT inside the house to control house flies. She said it was amazing how the flies all "disappeared".

How are you doing these days?

Best, Wayne

P.S. - This Townsend Newsletter article by the same practitioner describes a couple of case studies that illustrate how she works with clients using homeopathy to clear miasms, and the results that can occur along the way.

@Shellbell

Last edited:

Shellbell

Hi Wayne,

It has been a while. I hope you are doing better these days.

This has been a very up and down year for me. I officially found out I have lyme disease. I've was working with a causative homeopath. I started with him in April and actually was doing better until he upped the potencies on my remedies which caused a major crash last summer. I am still trying to recover.

I am now working on cleaning things out and getting my detox system stronger. It has been a very slow process. My detox system took a huge hit and I am all blocked up.

I am trying a different route with homeopathy (different practitioner) and trying the homeopathic imprinter along with some other healing modalities. Even that is too strong for my system. One of my practitioners is trying to help me by working on getting my gut functioning again. I have been doing a lot of castor oil packs, enemas, colonics, etc. Not sure where we will go after this since my practitioner likes to keep me in the now and not look ahead until certain things resolve that will allow us to move on.

I am incorporating outside therapies still as well. Pranic healing did a lot for me, but my healer is taking a break from her business, visiting her family outside the country, and won't be back until next May. I had a lyme friend of mine that said that Body Talk therapy has been helping her a great deal. I am going to give it a try.

I am still very interested in homeopathy. I think miasms are huge. I have a family history of TB and I had a homeopath mention that it would need to be treated at some point. I have been wanting to ask if the imprinter will help with that. My thoughts are that it will. I have family and friends that are using it with great success. But they aren't as sick as I am. I hope to be able to start using it soon.

What are you doing these days to help in your healing journey?

Hugs,
Shellbell

@Wayne

I just read through this whole thread, and I am very interested to see how you're doing all this time later. I hope you have a tremendous update of great health and progress!