International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day Is On May 12, 2018
Thomas Hennessy, Jr., selected May 12th to be our international awareness day back in 1992. He knew that May 12th had also been the birthday of Florence Nightingale. She was the English army nurse who helped to found the Red Cross as well as the first school of nursing in the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Holtorf Medical Group - Has anyone been?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by CFS_Kristin, Mar 16, 2018.

1. CFS_Kristin

CFS_Kristin Senior Member

I’m thinking about going to the Holtorf Medical Group in El Segundo....

Has anyone been? Had a good or bad experience? They seem to treat CFS with hormones among other things.

I’ve tried so many other docs and centers, so want to see if anyone benefited or has been.

Thanks!

Misfit Toy likes this.
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    If you search in Google Site Search you will find a lot of member comments. Best wishes in finding a doctor.

3. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    Lot of people on the thyroid boards have been and love them. I have one right here. The problem is...they are very expensive. At least the one that is here. you have to pay for everything out of pocket. A first visit is $600...they do not take most insurances and the one here insists you buy only their products. I am not a fan of that, but many with thyroid issues think they are the best.

4. Learner1

Learner1 Forum Support Assistant

Pacific Northwest
    I haven't been but I found his model of treating CFS to be very useful - see the attached, which is from his website.

I have problems in all of the boxes in his diagram and my functional medicine doctor has been working his way through the model. I've improved a lot, and I think it would be difficult to get well without addressing each problem in a logical order.

Attached Files:

5. Pink

Pink Senior Member

Tri state area
    How do they compare treatment wise, success rates, cost wise to kaufman in california?
    Holtorf has centers all over, so it might be easier to get to.

6. Learner1

Pacific Northwest
    I don't think you'll get a comparison of success rates from any of them.

My functional medicine doctor is excellent and has helped me improve in many areas. Dr. Kaufman is fabulous at immune system and infections and has helped me a lot, too.

This is incredibly complex and no doctor can know everything. I wouldn't have msdecss much progress if I weren't seeing both.

Pink likes this.
  7. Pink

Pink Senior Member

Tri state area
    Holtorf group is functional medicine, @Learner1? I didn't realize that

8. Learner1

Pacific Northwest

See more popular forum discussions.