• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

histamine intolerance & artichoke extract

ebethc

If you have a histamine problem, does artichoke extract help?? Which histamine receptor does artichoke affect?

I just took some artichoke extract and it REALLY helped make me feel better - not 100%, but enough that I may be on to something... I have problems w inflammation, and I understand that H4 is linked to inflammation, so I'm wondering of artichoke interacts w that receptor.... Also, if anyone knows which OTC remedies help which receptors, that would be great; I'd love to experiment. btw - I don't get much relief from Benadryl or Zantac, but I believe those only affect H1 & H2

ebethc

Its the liver. Phase 1 liver processes them. Do you also have CYP450 mutations (with drug intolerances)?
Not sure... I've had every test that i could think of, so where do I look?

I couldn't find it in 23 and me, nutrahacker, livewello, sterlings app or promethease, but I was querying CYP450... is there another way to look? thanks.

ebethc

23and me tests for it and you will have it in most reports under Detox. It is a whole range of enzymes that run phase 1 of the liver and start with CYP....
sorry - I still can't find it... I usually just "BROWSE RAW DATA" and query a specific gene or snp. How do I navigate to this report? are you sure it's still available? I know a couple of years ago they removed alot of functionality... if you can help, I would really appreciate it - thanks!

there are a long list of snps that run through the liver (about 78 from memory) so you will not be able to easily browse raw data. What report readers have you used. These are KEY snps so they should be on there. They were on all the report readers I used. MTHFR Support, Genetic Genie, etc

ebethc

there are a long list of snps that run through the liver (about 78 from memory) so you will not be able to easily browse raw data. What report readers have you used. These are KEY snps so they should be on there. They were on all the report readers I used. MTHFR Support, Genetic Genie, etc

These are the "cyp's" from genetic genie...No cyp450, but other ones.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 10.10.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 10.10.53 PM.png
    142.4 KB · Views: 13