Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

high resting heart rate

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by .jm., Jun 2, 2018.

1. .jm.

.jm.

My insomnia is considerably worse than normal right now. I may be at the illness where equilibrant starts working, but probably not. Of note is a particularly high resting heart rate in bed - generally between 75 and 90 bpm averaging around 80. Two and a half years ago, I was a high performing athlete and my resting heart rate at night could be in the 40's or 50's. I consume no caffeine.

I'm assuming the relatively high resting heart rate is either the cause or associated with something that is making my insomnia worse.

I guess I should suggest to my endocrinologist doing a 24-hour cortisol test.

I will see cardiology in about two weeks and they have scheduled a metabolic stress test.

alkt likes this.
  2. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    My resting HR is 104 my AT is 115 so not much room to maniuver. I have not found the cause but it has been years by now ( 5+) dR gives me beta blocker.

alkt likes this.
  3. notmyself

notmyself Senior Member

it could be the medication affecting your heart rate..leaving that on the side,80 resting heart rate is not really somethign of concern..

4. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    I have low end blood pressure and high resting heart rate of 90 doc wants me to exercise more

5. Eian Mcneely

Eian Mcneely

It might be the change of routine and your medication creating the repercussions

6. Carl

Carl Senior Member

United Kingdom
    My resting heart rate is around 50 bpm. I do use Tu Si Zi which is known to lower the heart rate and explains why mine is fairly low and I am not an athlete.

Cortisol would affect things, Tu Si Zi does lower cortisol BTW. Histamine will also probably increase heart rate too so check for high histamine, high histamine is almost certain in CFS.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6436468

7. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    By the way, I was just given ivabridine to
    Lower HR ( with beta blocker) I have not started yet. Will let you know how it goes.

8. TenuousGrip

TenuousGrip Senior Member

Forgive me. I can't remember much of your history.

But ....

Which one of these best describes your current running ability:

- I can run like I used to
    - I can run like I used to but get (serious) PEM
    - I can't run like I used to. When I try ..... ? [fill in the blank: what happens ?]

I'm just trying to figure out if your case and mine are similar. If they are ... I may have some suggestions for you.

See more popular forum discussions.