• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High Pulse - over 100 at rest

Seven7

Seven
I have the same problem w high heart rate. Things that help me:
1) Laying down like a mad person wherever/whenever if it goes over109, pharmacy, i don't care I go horizontal. The more I avoid going aerobic the better over time it gets.
2) I have tried supplements and monitored HR, the best so far to lower is MB12 and Olive leaf extract (taking them the moment is high).
3) Pedialite, If I keep hydrated less HR variability.
4) Food, I check my HR as I eat, if HR goes up too much while eating certain foods, then I avoid, Example: Rice, Whitebread...
5) Exercise. I get PEM so only do stretching (a few minutes) and next day I get better reading.

snowathlete

thanks Lnester7 i will have a think / try of some of these.

I was already thinking about olive leaf extract as its supposed to be a very good antiviral, but its quite expensive it seems.

Seven7

Seven
I tried a few brands and had better results w the extended one (Herbal Actives Olive Leaf (30 tablets) by Nature's Plus). But I was taking Kefir to protect stomach (still am). (I read somewhere that OLE can affect the good gut). I stopped even though I felt awesome while on it, because I was afraid of the gut. Good luck!!

m1she11e

I have heard that you have a certain amount of heart beats and your done as well but Im not quite sure how this was scientifically calculated... ??? :cool:

November Girl

I saw the doc today, and she thought I could try it again, as Bistolec (sp?) is a beta blocker that is not supposed to affect asthma. I took one about 6 hours ago, and don't seem to have a problem. I did cut the dose from 5mg to 2.5 at doctor's suggestion.

When I had such a horrid reaction, I knew it was possible that the weather change was the only trigger, as I always react badly to the first really cold spell each fall. Otoh, I also forget just how bad my reaction is until the next year! Since my birthday is late November, it's nearly certain that I'll feel rotten that day. I'm seriously considering a switch to a half-birthday celebration.:D