• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High LYM%??

Hi there,

I would like to ask something which scares me too much. I noticed that there are some nodules in my neck and refered to my doctor to understand if they are dangerous or not. He gave me some pills to make them smaller and I am using them but I could not observe that the nodules are getting smaller. Also he conducted CBC for twice. In the first one my LYM% was 41.8 ref(20-40) and in the second one my LYM% has been 48.7 ref(20-40). I am very afraid, do you think that such an increase is very dangerous? The other values in my second cbc are as follows:

WBC 6.79 (unit: 10 ^9/L) ref(4.0 - 10.8)
RBC 4.43 (unit: 10 ^12/L) ref(4.2 - 6.1)
MCV 90.2 (unit: fL) ref(80 - 99)
LYM# 3.31 (unit: 10 ^9/L) ref(1.0 - 4.8)
LYM% 48.7 (unit: %) ref(20 - 40)
MPV 13.5 (unit: fL) ref(6.5 - 12.0)

Do you think there is something dangerous with my blood values? Are high LYM% and MPV the signs of a serious danger? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
I do not think there is anything abnormal about your lymphocyte count. The absolute count is the most direct measure and it is well in the normal range (3.31, ref 1.0-4.8) . The percentage looks high because your other white cells, which are mostly neutrophils, are in the lower part of the range - they must be about 3.0, with a few monocytes as well. But that is still fine. I also do not think the MPV is important.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your detailed answer! It made me feel much better. Thanks again!

Have a good one!