• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High Iodine supplementation - Iodoral/Lugols

Rand56

@GracieJ

Thanks for the update. There is another good book to read if you haven't read it called...

The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life .... by Lynne Farrow

I'm taking 150mg's and along the way, I've been having gradual improvements, but more noticeable improvements with dramatically less PEM after I workout.

GracieJ

@Rand56

A definite YES on reduced PEM. I know I have more stamina and strength and overall less brain fog. (Though you wouldn't know it, sleep is still messed up with the lack of light.)

Glad to hear you are able to work out.

Edit. Another thought that is intriguing: I read that the blood supply is filtered through the thyroid every 17 minutes. As iodine kills many pathogens, it is an important nutrient to have at proper levels.

Last edited:

Aileen

Has anyone managed to decrease MCS symptoms, especially hypersensitivity to odours by using iodine?

Wayne

Another thought that is intriguing: I read that the blood supply is filtered through the thyroid every 17 minutes. As iodine kills many pathogens, it is an important nutrient to have at proper levels.

Hi @GracieJ

Regarding your words above (which I bolded)... This appears to be the same reason many people have found iodine supplementation to be so helpful for urinary tract infections (UTIs). Iodine gets excreted through the urine, and kills pathogens on its way out of the body. -- Thanks for all your great posts on this thread! :thumbsup: