• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High Dose Testosterone

well, I'm seeing the endocrinologist on Monday and this is in our list of things to try over the next few months.

In particular, my Estradiol is in the ~80 range whereas a few years ago, it was in the 200-300 range.
Testosterone, I didn't get back yet, but I expect is below 20.

We will increase my testosterone to the 50-60 ng/dl range, And I'll propose taking my estrogen back to the 200-300 pg/dl range.

I also see Dr. Chia again in about two weeks.

TiredBill

Testosterone may very well work for others but mine is at 1132 ng/dL, normal is 250-1100 and I still feel like complete and utter crap lol

Are you supplementing?

When my levels inadvertently got as high as yours I was very surprised that I didn't feel as good as I did in the high 700s. At 300, I was becoming incapacitated.

Perhaps if you are on TRT you could work with your physician to see if there is a level that works best for you?

In my case it didn't solve ME/CFS--still plenty of struggles there--but it did life an additional burden that I really couldn't bear.

Best in figuring it out.

Bill

nryanh94

Are you supplementing?

When my levels inadvertently got as high as yours I was very surprised that I didn't feel as good as I did in the high 700s. At 300, I was becoming incapacitated.

Perhaps if you are on TRT you could work with your physician to see if there is a level that works best for you?

In my case it didn't solve ME/CFS--still plenty of struggles there--but it did life an additional burden that I really couldn't bear.

Best in figuring it out.

Bill
Not using TRT as I’m 24 and want to preserve fertility. I’m taking Chlomid to help jump start my pituitary, (I have a pituitary tumor in addition to my Me/cfs that messing with my hormones)

My estradiol and estrone are really high as well so we’re working on bringing those down

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Not using TRT as I’m 24 and want to preserve fertility. I’m taking Chlomid to help jump start my pituitary, (I have a pituitary tumor in addition to my Me/cfs that messing with my hormones)

My estradiol and estrone are really high as well so we’re working on bringing those down

Clomid is an artificial estrogen so will give you a false high reading on blood work. Minimal estrogen effects other than blocking the estrogen receptor.

Testosterone may very well work for others but mine is at 1132 ng/dL, normal is 250-1100 and I still feel like complete and utter crap lol
As I mentioned above in this thread I did not notice an improvement with TRT that only put me at the top of the range, but now have improvement with a blood testosterone level of 2900 ng/dl.

So it seems you have to go well over the normal testosterone range to get an improvement.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
As I mentioned above in this thread I did not notice an improvement with TRT that only put me at the top of the range, but now have improvement with a blood testosterone level of 2900 ng/dl.

So it seems you have to go well over the normal testosterone range to get an improvement.
I was in contact with a dr who treats hiv pts with testosterone as a part of his plan. He said he believes that many immune compromised people may have androgen resistance, so may require high doses. Some guys feel great with T levels at 700 others need higher doses, trial and error.