• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High dose acetylcarnitine, B12, phosphoserine, glutamine, BCAA

A.B.

I have recently started a treatment prescribed by my CFS doctor. The program is:

1. Intramuscolar injections of 500 mg acetylcarnitin for 15 days a month for two months.
2. Intramuscolar injections of 5000 IU cyanocobalamin every week for two months.
3. A supplement containing 40mg dl-phosphoserine, 500 mcg cyanocobalamin, 60 mg l-glutamine for 15 days a month for two months.
4. Branched chain amino acids (no exact dose specified) for 15 days for two months.

I've done 10 days on it so far. At first the treatment improved mood, then increased energy levels pleasantly and now I'm feeling somewhat overstimulated. I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but at least something is happening. I'll plan to do at least one month, then it should be clearer what the overall effect is. I'll post updates.

A.B.

One more dose and I'm done with the first two weeks of treatment. I'm seeing more positive changes now. I have relatively consistently been able to do more than usual, and mood has improved as well.

A.B.

The second round of treatment seemed to work much less than the first, so I didn't try a third round. The first round did help a little but not as much as I had hoped for.