Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

High CD56%, low CD8

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by joe12, Dec 7, 2014.

1. joe12

joe12 Senior Member

The Lymphocyte# was at 1.4 with a 1.00-3.50 range. CD56 was at 24%, CD8 is slightly low at 18%. I included the results of the panel. Could it be that the system is trying to compensate poor T cell function by increasing NK numbers? I think I have some characteristics of a mild DiGeorge syndrome, which is associated with poor T cell and Thymus function. Before this is, some fatty replacement on the area of the thymus after thymic residue was found close to the spleen.

Then a PET-CT said something about fat close to where the thymus is supposed to be after mentioning the thyroid, which has goiter and possible thyroiditis.

I also think that I have a mild form of cushing syndrome, I had borderline high cortisol levels before, and its associated with unusual and frequent infections.

Maybe I have an abnormal thymus producing defective T cells, and perhaps the result is higher number of NK cells.

I had a CT scan of the head before, mentioning possible cerebrospinal fluid overproduction that could be due to choroid plexus papilloma in my left ventricle. I followed this up and it seems it hasn't changed, just assumed as a normal variant. I have my doubts thou. Maybe my headaches could be caused by a virus marginally controlled or due to problems related to CSF circulation.

I wonder what the next step should be. I guess I will just have to wait for an immunologist appointment.

@Valentijn @Hip @Sushi @SOC @alex3619
    Lymphocyte Count.jpg

wastwater likes this.
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Nk numbers could be high trying to compensate for a low nk function? ?

joe12 likes this.
  3. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    I've been wondering about some connection to digeorge for myself , joe12. I don't have any lmmune readings or extra knowledge on this.

4. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    I think the treatment is calcium and vitamin D so maybe get those checked

See more popular forum discussions.