• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High B12 Levels (3x Top End of Range)

xks201

So I began taking methylcobalamin and dibencozide because my b12 levels were very high out of range and I was not supplementing at the time. What genetic mutation could cause this and does this mean that b6 metabolism is messed up too or anything else like folate metabolism? Anyone else with high b12 levels? Homocysteine was in range.

nanonug

Anyone else with high b12 levels? Homocysteine was in range.

Same here, although just slightly out of range. My understanding is that this may be caused by either liver dysfunction or hematological issues. Have with done a liver function panel?

xks201

Yes. Liver values are normal for the most part but albumin is always slightly out of range low. Total protein is now too. My CBC is out of whack too slightly.