• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

hhv 6 please help

Hi
What is a normal level for hhv 6. I figure every lab is different? Mine came back as 1200. My doctor said this is very high. But he has seen higher. I am frightened that this level will cause permanent neurological or brain damage. I am going to start valtrex as valycyte is too strong for my chemically sensitive body. Have other people had similiar levels and treated it alternatively?looking for a little hope. Thanks.

i thought i would have heard from more of you. am i the only one who has hhv6? thought it was more common amongst us :(

SOC

i thought i would have heard from more of you. am i the only one who has hhv6? thought it was more common amongst us :(

Nearly everyone in the world has a latent hhv-6 infection. Some people with ME/CFS have active hhv-6 infections.

You probably didn't get many answers because most of the information is already available here at PR for you to peruse at your leisure.

Try clicking on the Forums tab at the top of the page, then scroll down to the Antivirals, Antibiotics, and Immunomodulators section. Click on that and you will get a long list of threads on those topics. Scroll through to find threads relevant to your questions. There is lots and lots of information about people's experience with herpes viruses and treatments.

You may also want to educate yourself about hhv-6, particularly tests and treatments at the HHV-6 Foundation http://www.hhv-6foundation.org/

Timaca

ABC~ My HHV-6 antibody titer was 1:640. I used valcyte, and my experience can be found on the HHV-6 patient forums. I'm assuming yours is an antibody titer and not a PCR. I also have other pathogens that I'm battling (HSV1, Coxsackie B3 and B4 and Cpn).

Good luck,
Timaca