• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

here's one which may interest those with babies or young kids

taniaaust1

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/health/8519134/infant-gut-bacteria-linked-to-eczema

Both my kids had allergies from a young age (eggs, fish, silver, kiwi fruit, sticking plasters) (thou i didnt have ME back then) and one used to get bad eczema by the time she was toddling (between 9mths-18mths old she had bad eczema issues).

Children are supposed to get their bowel flora from their parents (I think its like in the first year of life.. I was a single mother so my daughter would of just been exposed to just mostly mine).

Makes me wonder if I didnt have the right bowel flora to pass onto her even way back then. Maybe we are lacking flora diversity before we get ME?? Maybe lack of diversity allows bad flora to get more of a grip on things???