• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hemispherx Fires Founder / Ampligen inventor William Carter

Justin30

So is this is a good or bad thing? I know the US has no FDA approval and Canada although it can be used here is has just caught on to that this may be an actual disease.

Boy my blood boils when i think about the UK and PACE....Ok back to ampligen good or not good for Hemispherix?

JohnnyD

I think it is a good thing. Apparently :) Carter has had a contentious relationship with the FDA, which has not improved over time, he has paid himself large salaries and bonuses, and has family members on the payroll. If Collins is considering an ampligen clinical trial, cleaning up the business end of hemispherx can only be a plus. In fact, maybe Collins insisted. The boards direction is concentrated on finding partners, shareholder value, serving patients, and running lean until they can develop some of their large inventory of technology.

dannybex

I think it's a good thing too. Just confounding why this didn't happen 5 years ago, at the very least.

JohnnyD

Well, Carter is co-inventor of Ampligen and founder of the company. CEO's get fired for failing to perform - they gave Carter a very long rope. I think the delay in alferon manufacturing late last summer was the beginning of the end for Carter. It put the company in financial jeopardy, the stock was in the tank and no drugs were helping patients.

Justin30

After what I have read, Definatelty a good thing and hopefully with new leadership more good things in the future for Hemisphrix and the MECFS Community.