• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help with reading results

nryanh94

Can anyone help me interpret these EBV results:

EBV Ab VCA, IgG: 440 U/ml; normal range is 0-17.9

EBV Nuclear Antigen Ab, IgG: 85.6 U/ml; normal range 0-17.9

Do I need different tests as these aren’t the titer values I’ve seen in here?

I’m trying to see if antivirals would be a reccomended approach based off these results

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
I think it means you have had an ebv infection in the past? Most have. Maybe someone else can chime in

caledonia

I felt really bad for about 6 months, around the time that I became disabled. Several months later I had an EBV IGG test that showed high, and my doc said I had had a recent EBV infection.

They didn't use antivirals back then. In fact, my first doctor ignored the results and didn't even mention the result was high, even though I felt horrible, and was having fevers, etc.

Your tests are antibodies (Ab means antibodies), but I'm not sure what else it means.

How are you feeling?

nryanh94

I felt really bad for about 6 months, around the time that I became disabled. Several months later I had an EBV IGG test that showed high, and my doc said I had had a recent EBV infection.

They didn't use antivirals back then. In fact, my first doctor ignored the results and didn't even mention the result was high, even though I felt horrible, and was having fevers, etc.

Your tests are antibodies (Ab means antibodies), but I'm not sure what else it means.

How are you feeling?
Currently the worst I’ve felt since I first crashed a year ago

Can anyone help me interpret these EBV results:

EBV Ab VCA, IgG: 440 U/ml; normal range is 0-17.9

EBV Nuclear Antigen Ab, IgG: 85.6 U/ml; normal range 0-17.9

Do I need different tests as these aren’t the titer values I’ve seen in here?

I’m trying to see if antivirals would be a reccomended approach based off these results
the EBV Titers suggest past exposure retest EBV IgM which tests for acute infection
also test for other ME CFS related Virus HHV6, COXSACKIE B, Parvo B19, CMV
T Cell subset CD 4 , CD 8, NK (NATURAL KILLER) CELLS
Serum AMINO ACID TAURINE
the focus is to derive viral exposure, methylation cycle function, and macrophage maturation
Derek Enlander MD