• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help with interpretation

Hi there,

I don't suppose anyone might be able to give me some starting points for my 23andme results?

Predominant symptoms are chemical sensitivity, peripheral neuropathy, gut issues, fatigue and brain fog

Strate_Gene_test.png

I have started taking B12 a little blindly, without much knowledge of methylation. I do find it quite stimulatory, giving me that wired and tired feeling. I've settled on a dose of around 250mcg from a hydroxycobalamin lozenge which I can feel, but is not enough to adversely affect me. Too soon to say whether it's helping.

I am working on my gut as well but with pretty much any supplement or herb that is either anti fungal or anti microbial giving me crippling brain fog it's slow work. Soil based probiotics have been most effective, but not enough to widen the limited range of foods I can tolerate.

Worth noting I appear to have histamine issues. Fermented probiotics had me bouncing off the walls. I'm also very sensitive to coffee (probably not unusual in this forum).

Any thoughts much appreciated.