• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help me compile a list of research-funding ME/CFS charities in each country

deleder2k

I think MEandYou is finished. The web page states that the crowdfunding for the RTX study is completed.

I would donate to ME-forskning. In 2014 they gave $200,000 to the Rituximab study. In 2015 the financed in full a projects on genes in ME/CFS at Haukeland. If Haukeland requires further funding I am sure they will help out. Someone is also trying to do a study on gamma globulins. If they need funding I think ME-forskning would be interested in helping them out.

I just realised there is an English section on their web page. Check out this link: http://me-forskning.no/english/about-this-fundraising/

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I think MEandYou is finished. The web page states that the crowdfunding for the RTX study is completed.

I would donate to ME-forskning. In 2014 they gave $200,000 to the Rituximab study. In 2015 the financed in full a projects on genes in ME/CFS at Haukeland. If Haukeland requires further funding I am sure they will help out. Someone is also trying to do a study on gamma globulins. If they need funding I think ME-forskning would be interested in helping them out.

I just realised there is an English section on their web page. Check out this link: http://me-forskning.no/english/about-this-fundraising/

Thanks! I see that the ME-forskning page mentions the Norwegian ME Association. Is that a different organisation or a translation of ME-forskning?

Helen

In 2015 the financed in full a projects on genes in ME/CFS at Haukeland. If Haukeland requires further funding I am sure they will help out. Someone is also trying to do a study on gamma globulins.
Do you know if these two studies are presented somewhere? I recall that you posted some short information from a register about the Rituximab study-ies?

deleder2k

Do you know if these two studies are presented somewhere? I recall that you posted some short information from a register about the Rituximab study-ies?

The genetic study has just started I believe... Not sure if they will publish it or not.

The Rituximab open phase 2 study is due to be published anytime in PLOS ONE.

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
Mount Sinai ME/CFS Center
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
c/o Derek Enlander MD
860 Fifth Avenue
New York NY 10065

Who to make check out to:

(Yes ! A tax exempt charity)

```````````````````````````````````
Also there is the ongoing crowd funding #ChiliMEchallenge Although the one Enlander and Hornig are doing ends this week. I believe the challenge to others goes on ?

Art Vandelay

The only charity that funds research I am aware of in Australia is the Alison Hunter Memorial Foundation. However it seems that they are now just supporting the National Centre for Neuroimmunology and Emerging Diseases (N.C.N.E.D.) at Griffith University, Queensland:

The AHMF is therefore ceasing operation as an institution with independent charity status. The focus of the AHMF will now be to support the groundbreaking research being carried out at N.C.N.E.D.

Donations in the future should therefore be directed to:
‘Griffith University, National Centre forNeuroimmunology and Emerging Diseases (AHMF)
http://www.ahmf.org/donations.html

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Mount Sinai School of Medicine

c/o Derek Enlander MD
860 Fifth Avenue
New York NY 10065

Who to make check out to:

(Yes ! A tax exempt charity)

```````````````````````````````````
Also there is the ongoing crowd funding #ChiliMEchallenge Although the one Enlander and Hornig are doing ends this week. I believe the challenge to others goes on ?

Thanks, beaker.

The ChiliMEchallenge isn't a registered charity, I think - it's a challenge to people to give to the charity of their choice.

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
Thanks, beaker.

The ChiliMEchallenge isn't a registered charity, I think - it's a challenge to people to give to the charity of their choice.

You are welcome.

And yes you are correct about challenge. I had only seen the Columbia support part before. oops.

Helen

The genetic study has just started I believe... Not sure if they will publish it or not.

The Rituximab open phase 2 study is due to be published anytime in PLOS ONE.
Thank you. I should have been more clear, but thought of the kind of presentation that are made public before starting studies and for the one about genes and the one about GG. Maybe that´s too early or there will not be any.

deleder2k

The GG study is not being done by Haukeland. I think they haven't even applied to the ethics committee yet. They also need more funding.. I will update you if I hear more about it.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I think @serg1942 is away at the moment - can any Spanish-speakers confirm for me that ASSEM doesn't have a research fund that people can donate to? I know they've organised crowdfunds for IrsiCaixa but I believe there's nothing current and that people can't donate to a research fund between crowdfunds?

http://www.asssem.org/