• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help interpreting a few methylation & detox results

bigmillz

Hi everyone,

I got my 23andme results in today, and have spent a few hours analyzing everything. I've answered most of my own questions, but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction on a few mutations:

Methylation:
MTR A2756G rs1805087 GG +/+
MTRR A664A rs1802059 AA +/+
BHMT-02 rs567754 TT +/+
BHMT-04 rs617219 __ no call
BHMT-08 rs651852 TT +/+

Detox:
SOD2 A16V rs4880 GG +/+

From what I've learned so far, I could benefit from some methyl-B12 and methylfolate, and that the very expensive MitoQ could be of benefit to me as well. I have taken just methyl-B12 in the past, and like many other B vitamins I take, it seems to leave me a little tired and irritable. Hard to say for sure.

Here's the rest of my results for reference (see attached).

Thanks for any input, even just to steer me in the right direction!
detox.png

methyl.png

Last edited:

bigmillz

If you look in Caledonia's signature she has a guide to interpret this.
This guide is really helpful, thank you!

I'm considering trying either a Jarrow methylB12 + methylfolate (low doses), or Jarrow B-Right (making sure it's not an old bottle with folic acid!) to start off. I've read that getting a little extra of the other B vitamins can't hurt, and the reviews on B Right are pretty positive. Thoughts?

Last edited:

bigmillz

Hi!
According to Yasko with comt-- and vdr++ you should tolerate all forms of B12!

This is super good, makes things way easier :)

Is there a decent starting point on the SOD2 stuff like for MTHFR?

Appreciate all the help!