• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help! Accidentally ingested folic acid fortified food!

Adlyfrost

Taking micro doses of methylfolate and B12- tooth pick amounts and then I stupidly go and drink coconut milk that is fortified with folic acid and crappy B12. Is this going to undo everything I have been doing?

whodathunkit

No. It *might* set you back a little, but the good thing about this stuff is nothing is undone that can't be done up again. Unless your problems are really severe it's unlikely that you'll react to a little bit of folic acid and cyanocobalamin.

If you want to put a happy spin on it :D you can maybe consider it an opportunity to see if you react to folic acid, and how it differs with how you've been feeling while on the protocol.

But honestly, you'll be okay. Even if you have symptoms, as long as you don't take in any more folic acid you'll be fine. Just maybe be more careful reading labels. :)