• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help!! 5htp and spine pain now!!!

Learner1

An OAT test is useful. Should be a help. It doesn't test everything but is a good place to start.

As a uterine cancer survivor, I've found it's wise to not have too much estrogen. I've heard of DIM also, but not taken it. Ask your doctor, and also ask if taking Prometrium might be helpful to balance out the estrogen.

tootsieroll

I'm sorry to hear you had to endure that journey. Here's the thing, I took prometrium for a couple days before I started the high dose birth control. It caused me to hot flash so bad that I jumped out of bed one day and was covered in sweat from head to toe with my heart pounding out of my chest. I don't know what is wrong with my body. It may be the benzo withdrawals for last several years that caused my body to break down. I believe I took progesterone troches years ago and had no issues. After withdrawals, I seem to be sensitive to everything. I assume my body converted the progesterone to estrogen really quickly.

Learner1

Here are the pathways for hormones:

The-Steroidogenic-Pathways.jpg

A DUTCH test helped me balance hormone levels.

https://dutchtest.com/videos/hormone-tutorials/