• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Heart Rate Monitor

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I am still not doing slow very well. I have difficulty keeping HR below 100 when I am on my feet.
It had never occurred to me to STOP while climbing the stairs. This evening I stopped midway up and sat crosswise on the stair with my feet up on the wall until my HR fell below 90.

I got up this morning VERY SLOWLY, and VERY SLOWLY put on my bathrobe, keeping HR at 90 or below all of the time. Then I walked into the living room to tend to my houseplants. That distracted me from the pulse oximeter. I did not look at again until after I had walked ¾ the way around the room at a normal pace. My HR was 117.

What is really bumming me is it looks like I cannot walk to do errands at all. I walked about a block today so slowly that I am surprised I did not get run over crossing the street. My HR was above 110. I am not quite willing to sit down in the middle of the sidewalk.

I do not have a recliner, so I have been eating sitting cross-legged on a mat on the floor. I have tried sitting cross-legged on my computer chair, but after a bit my feet fall asleep. I am also wondering if that is responsible for a hip that gets a little uncomfortable from time to time, getting definitely painful today.

I am giving more serious thought to getting my AT tested. Some people’s are higher than the calculated guess. I can use any additional bpm I can get.

One article I read said that was OK to exceed your AT for two minutes. That is about how long my rebounding takes (HR over 110), so I am not going to give it up. I am doing a very gentle bounce which in turn will have the smallest positive effect on my lymphatic system. We just can't seem to win for losing.