• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Health obsession anxiety

@Sherpa

I am taking 1 tbs a night and most times tolerating it. I was taking 1 tbs and 1 tsp a night at one point. Once I skipped a couple nights , that much put me in the bathroom for the night.

I wonder how I'll ever get up to 18g. I hope to not have to take it numerous times a day (very inconvenient)

Wonder how long till i'll be able to tolerate it

I have done extensive research and it all seems to point to 18g as the dose for OCD.

@Sherpa - if you don't mind my asking, how much do you take and how long did it take to get there?

Thank you

Last edited:

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
@anxiousguy I don't take inositol anymore. I fixed my MAO A mutation with B2 and now I can tolerate methylation supplements. Getting my methylation working erased most all of my OCD and unreasonable anxiety. I only worry about things at a normal, appropriate level now.

But inositol worked pretty good until I was able to get my generic SNP mutations straightened out.

Now I can see you got your 23andMe results and I see how you're likely to have such awful anxiety.

re: insoitol - I just remember being able to gradully work up... a half teaspoon at a time... SLOWLY. I think it took me maybe 4 months or so (guessing) to get from 1/4 teaspoon to 18 grams (which I did as 3 x 6g per day). I remember some stomach discomfort but it wasn't a disabling or major issue. Go very slow, give it a fair trial, and listen to your body. If it's not for you, it's not for you.

Last edited: