• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Headaches.

Fuzzyhead

Does anyone else have some kind of headache/head symptom every day?
I see a neurologist on Monday after having an mri scan 2 weeks ago and i am worried what i will be told.

Valentijn

I do if I forget to take a few grams of fish oil every day (like yesterday - OW). But I think there can be different causes for chronic headaches, ergo different treatments.

Seewell

Hi Fuzzy.Yes i do get very bad migraines,every other day at its worst.
Went for an Mri scan around 2000.
I was worried too,waiting for the results - thinking the worst.
But it was OK !:)
Its a symptom im still getting now.But not as bad.

Hope things work out well.

IreneF

Yes, I have a headache every day. They seem to be sinus headaches. I had a couple of sinus infections but those haven't recurred since I started taking loratidine (Claritin) every day. Recently I added ranitidine (Zantac) and it seems to be helping. Both of those are antihistamines, but work by different mechanism.

rosie26

I see a neurologist on Monday after having an mri scan 2 weeks ago and i am worried what i will be told.
Hi, I had severe headache everyday for up to 2 years, mine was caused by inflammation in the sinuses. I still get them when my ME flares. If you have hot feverish feeling in the head, and nausea with it, I found a cold flannel on the forehead would take the heat out and after 3 or 4 hours I would feel so much better, nausea gone and head not so sore. I'ts the only thing that has helped me !

While I don't get headaches every single day, I do often go through periods where my headaches will be more frequent. For example, I went recently without having any headaches for a week or so, which is completely unusual for me. However, there are times where I could have three or four headaches in one week.