• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Have liver flushes helped anyone?

douglasmich

I know that the "stones" that are expelled are probably not actually stones. I had a friend that had huge improvement in energy and digestion from liver flushes.

Has anyone tried? Im looking to improve my digestion

Mary

Moderator Resource
I know that the "stones" that are expelled are probably not actually stones. I had a friend that had huge improvement in energy and digestion from liver flushes.

Has anyone tried? Im looking to improve my digestion

I haven't done a liver flush, but I did do a liver detox. I was feeling fluish, sick, digestion was way off and my chiro who does muscle testing said my liver was toxic (this was 12 or 13 years ago), primarily it seems from chemical solvents I was exposed to on a job a long time ago. So I did a liver detox under his supervision, taking Parotid PMG and Cholacol II from Standard Process. I took these for about a month, felt pretty sick and tired the whole month, and afterwards my liver and digestion were very much improved. I also learned I had to take HCL with meals, particularliy meals high in protein, which also helped a lot.

Aerose91

I just did one the other day. Coffee enemas usually help my feeling of well being a bit and doctors know i have liver issues so i decided to try it.

I couldn't do it 100% because i have pretty bad hypoglycaemia and cant go nearly that long without eating so i peppered in a couple salads and some hummus where i had to.

I'll be honest, after drinking the olive oil/grapefruit potion i got pretty sick. Not sure if it's because I'd eaten a few hours prior or something else but i woke up after an hour and spent the next few throwing up, shivering and feeling very nauseous as well as throwing up again any time i rolled onto my stomach. I had diarrhea the next day but didn't see any stones or anything unusual nor did i feel any different.

I don't care about feeling like shit if its something that will help if i keep doing it. I may wait a couple weeks and try it again to see if i get anywhere. I'd be interested to see if anyone else has success with it

acer2000

I have had some success doing a "lemon cleanse" as silly as it sounds. A whole meyer lemon, a tbsp of honey and olive oil, and water all blended together. I did it for 10 days. Felt somewhat better after.