• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

has anyone used MCT oil to get into ketosis?

arewenearlythereyet

I have never tried goji berries because they are from the nightshade family :cautious: Tomatoes can cause me overwhelming inflammation :ill: Additionally foods with THAT much vitamin C kills all my scarce estrogen :eek:
But I am pretty sure that the stuff I do eat is full of herbicides as well - please do not tell me :aghhh:

ahh that's good....you're not missing anything ...they taste rank anyway. Think people take that as reassurance "if they taste this bad they must be doing me good"

Prefect

What's the difference between medium chain fatty acids and medium chain trigylcerides? Some coconut milk brands claim to be a good source of medium chain fatty acids, would this increase ketone supply to the brain the same way MCT oil would, at least to some extent?

arewenearlythereyet

What's the difference between medium chain fatty acids and medium chain trigylcerides? Some coconut milk brands claim to be a good source of medium chain fatty acids, would this increase ketone supply to the brain the same way MCT oil would, at least to some extent?

Triglycerides are made of 3 fatty acids attached to glycerol.

the fatty acids are released from the glycerol during digestion so in terms of what they are used for later it doesn't really matter whether they are eaten as free fatty acids or triglycerides