• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone tried Liposomal Curcumin or PQQ?

Whit

My nutritionist wants me to try both of these fairly new supplements which don't seem to have been mentioned here before and I'm curious if anyone has tried them or has any thoughts.

Liposomal Curcumin
My thoughts and understanding: My leg pain has been greatly improved with compression socks, which has led me to think the pain must be caused by a circulation problem. Since my heart checks out seemingly in every way by 2 independent cardiologists, my nutritionist thinks poor circulation could be caused by system wide inflamation constricting blood vessels. System wide inflamation also seems to be able to cause many of the symptoms of CFS and also some of the illnesses people often get long term from CFS. Apparently studies have also found high levels of NF Kappa Beta in CFS patients, which causes inflamation, and curcumin lowers inflamation by lowering levels of NF Cappa Beta. Liposomal is to get it to absorb because straight Curcumin is not absorbed by the body very well at all.

Sounds like a good thing to take. Probably not addressing the root cause, but maybe it could help with some of the symptoms. Liposomal Curumin is new though.

A quote from a study my nutritionist sent me: (I can email the whole thing just send me a pm) "The results show that an intracellular inflammatory response in the white blood cells plays an important role in the pathophysiology of CFS and that previous findings on increased oxidative stress and inflammation in CFS may be attributed to an increased production of NFkappabeta. The results suggest that the symptoms of CFS, such as fatigue, muscular tension, depressive symptoms and the feeling of infection reflect a genuine inflammatory response in those patients. " Source MCare4U Outpatient Clinics, Olmenlaan 9, 2610 Wilrijk, Belgium.

A study on Curcumin: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16092118

PQQ

From Wikipedia: "PQQ is taken as a dietary supplement to support mitochondrial health and cellular energy production, and to protect the body from oxidative stress. Most notably, PQQ stimulates the spontaneous growth of new mitochondria in aging cells, and activates genes that govern mitochondrial reproduction, protection, and repair."

Wikipedia page for PQQ

This site offers direct flights from CFS to PQQ :D Is that a sign?:D

Sounds like a great supplement for CFS. My nutritionist says it could really help with mitochondria disfunction. I've ordered both, but am hesitant about everything I take because my body is in such a fragile state and these supplements are fairly new.

Any thoughts? I can email more info about both of these that my nutritionist sent me, but I'm not sure I can post them publicly. Just pm me your email address.

Whit

Just a disclaimer that I'm not a doctor at all, just trying to assemble things other people have told me...