• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone had their blood volume measured with the Daxor BV-100?

Vineyard1

Hello...Has anyone had the blood volume measured with the Daxor BV-100? May I ask where and what were the findings?

LiveAgain

Yes, I had it done twice - at local hospitals which have the Daxor test available. The first time my blood volume was normal, the second time it was on the high side. Definitely not the result I was expecting since I have POTS and they say most of us have low blood volume and many of the treatments are aimed at correcting this.

Vineyard1

Yes, I had it done twice - at local hospitals which have the Daxor test available. The first time my blood volume was normal, the second time it was on the high side. Definitely not the result I was expecting since I have POTS and they say most of us have low blood volume and many of the treatments are aimed at correcting this.

Wow!....that is very interesting since so many folks extremely volume depleted...myself included, especially with the onset of POTS last September.....

LiveAgain

Yeah I was surprised, but I do have small fiber autonomic neuropathy which is likely causing my symptoms instead. I gather you had the test and it showed low blood volume? Have you tried treatments to address this and has it helped any of your symptoms?