• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone had a sleep study?

I had a sleep study a year ago and they found that I have severe sleep apnea. I also don't know why anyone with energy/sleep problems isn't automatically tested for this. You are literally asphyxiating yourself over time and your body is not able to restore itself overnight. So I'm on a CPAP machine and normally get good sleeps with a little help from a low dose of clonazepam.

I was hoping, and was really convinced, that this was the answer to all of my energy problems. Well, it wasn't, but I am definitely better and have more energy than before. I felt like I was dying a little every day before I started the CPAP

I rarely wake up refreshed. Maybe once a month if that. Most days I am groggy until the afternoon and come alive in the late afternoon. So backwards! By Alice, I mean I can get errands and chores done being careful to pace myself.

I still think that more improvement may come with the CPAP therapy. Afterall, if you've had this condition for years or more than a decade as I have, your body has a lot of healing to do.

I still have the usual body aches, flu-like symptoms, complete exhaustion that I had before but I don't feel like I'm dying everyday which is a positive thing for sure!