• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone done an oxidative stress test?

PeterPositive

sounds good.. but what then?.. oxidative stress is one of the most common findings in this illness.. could be caused by heavy metals, toxins, viruses........
I thought the same... I'd be very surprised if I didn't have lots of it :D
High homocysteine, low GSH and high KPL/HPL are already sign of oxidative stress. :(

@drob31
The levels of glutathione could tell you more about your methylation status, although a dedicated panel might be more appropriate.

drob31

My homocysteine was 10 (ref: 0-15)
Kryptopyrolles were elevated 14 (ref: 0-9)

I know methylation is supposed to boost GSH status, but how do you feel about s-acetyl glutathione, or NAC?

PeterPositive

I do take oral GSH, 1500mg/day. It helps with overall inflammation, especially in the gut for me.

I've tried the S-Acetyl form, but it wasn't as effective. Maybe because the daily recommended dosage is 300mg. I pushed it up to 900mg and still didn't get the same result of plain GSH. (My doc was also very keen on SAC)

I don't tolerate NAC very well :( 200-250mg already upset my bowel.