• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone benefited from gut healing with L-Glutamine ?

Bansaw

What did you do to heal the gut, what products did you use (brand etc), and did L-Glutamine play a role ?

Dr Alejandro Junger uses it to treat his patients.

The GAPS protocol is a good way to heal the gut but you have to be very strict with it, it's full of bone broth, whole and supplemental probiotics and other gut healing foods.

AndyPandy

Making the most of it
@Bansaw, I tried L-glutamine (150mg a day) but had to abandon it after 2 days as it made me extremely and unbearably aggressive and irritable. I have trouble tolerating some meds and supplements and this one is definately not for me.

I have had success with gluten, dairy, soy free diet, eliminating other identified problem foods, FODMAPs diet and supplementing with apple pectin, slippery elm, curcumin and probiotics.

Has made a big difference for me. IBS symptoms largely resolved and regained much needed weight.

Best wishes, Andy

Bansaw

@Bansaw FODMAPs diet and supplementing with apple pectin, slippery elm, curcumin and probiotics.

Best wishes, Andy
Thanks Andy. I might take a look at FODMAPs diet. I'll do a few searches to see if there's a book or website.
I am actually taking Essiac tea and this has slippery elm in it. That cleared up an ulcer I had. I still take it for detox. Actually my doctor (a regular MD) "prescribed" that for me because he knew I didn't like meds.
I have been taking kefir for a while, but am wondering if dairy kefir is best for me.

Kenny Banya

CFS Discovery in Melbourne Australia focuses heavily on the gut & diet
So firstly blood & breath tests for food intolerances
Enteric coated L-glutamine tablets to repair leaky gut.
Cycles of antibiotics & probiotics to adjust gut bacteria.