Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Has anyone actually cured Babesia with Buhner Protocol?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by jess100, Mar 4, 2018.

1. jess100

jess100 Senior Member

I'm about to begin the Buhner protocol for Babesia and it occurred to me that I've never actually seen a post where someone recovered fully, or improved greatly, from Babesia using it. Does anyone have any first hand experience improving with those herbs, especially Sida Acuta and Cryptolepis?

pibee likes this.
  2. Carl

Carl Senior Member

United Kingdom
    Buhner does know herbs quite well, I have another of his books Herbal Antibiotics which is a pretty good book.

I think that you should investigate Efflux Pump Inhibitors because they will increase the effectiveness of any antimicrobial. Buhner does go into this in his Herbal Antibiotics book so it is almost certain to be mentioned in his Lyme book.

I have also seen people mentioning that essential oils can be very effective against Lyme bacteria therefore it might be worth looking into those too. Many essential oils have very strong antimicrobial effects. However it is worth checking for any toxicity or adverse effects before using them. Lemon Grass is quite strong.

Colloidal Silver might also be worth using. I am not a fan of ionic silver and I prefer Reduced CS but it will be less effective against bacteria infected cells. Sort of mopping up any that try and spread.

BTW If you have not purchased the book and are only going by what people post on the web then you only have a small fraction of the information and you are doing yourself a disservice IMO. If you are not aware of the factors which can maximize the effects of antimicrobials then you are more likely to fail. Unfortunately, many people do this and then claim "I tried this and it did not work for me". Without doing all that was required.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  3. jess100

jess100 Senior Member

Yes I have the book and it's very detailed and informative. It's also a long and complex protocol (mostly because I can't use tinctures and have to find equivalents in dry herb forms) And this is exactly why I want to know if anyone has actually made progress.
    There is a lot of discussion and I have spend a lot of time following threads here, which mostly lead to herx advice, but can't find anyone who can actually vouch for the protocol.
    Anyone? Can anyone say they clearly improved from this protocol?

pamojja likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.