When the 'Holiday Season' Is No Holiday at all for Those With ME/CFS
Is December getting to you? Jody Smith shares some thoughts on some of the struggles that all too often attend this time of year ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Has anybody tried NAD+ for energy ?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by raghav, Jul 17, 2017.

1. raghav

raghav Senior Member

India
    Has anybody tried NAD+ for energy ? What is the optimal dosage ? Which brand is best ?

pattismith and gabriella17 like this.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

3. dreamydays

dreamydays

United Kingdom
    By far the best way to increase NAD+ is Nicotinamide Riboside (Niagen), it is under patent so expensive. The optimal dose is about 300-400mg. I find it quite energising and so I can definitely recommend it. It kicks in within the first day so you should get a good idea pretty quickly. It is also probably the first proven anti-aging supplement and there is a lot of buzz around it. NAD and NADH are not absorbed and plain niacin will not raise NAD+ levels.

pattismith and gabriella17 like this.
  4. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    There are dozens and dozens of pages on this topic here. I suggest a more extensive search might be helpful. There was also at least one clinical trial if I recall correctly.

gabriella17 likes this.
  5. maz

maz

Folkestone UK
    I took one niagen capsule yesterday morning and still feel like hell on earth

debored13 likes this.
  6. debored13

debored13 Senior Member

Vermont, school in Western MA
    this is interesting... i'll expand on this in the future, but if cfs is a problem of reductive stress, an oxidizing supplement would be bad and vice versa... i forget if NAD+ is the oxidizing form, but your report of dramatic adverse effects is cautionary

7. maz

maz

Folkestone UK
    Like many, I am very sensitive. I'm getting fed up of trying different things. Generally, I get all the side effects and none of the benefits so I think I will stop experimenting for a while and focus on reducing my reaction to stressfull l events, which definitely makes me ill!

See more popular forum discussions.