• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hands cold when eating (sometimes)

drob31

Does anyone get a cold hand when eating, especially in the morning?

I can't figure out if this related to blood sugar, circulation, cortisol, dysautonomia, or some sort of autoimmune reaction.

If I eat something, sometimes but not always, in the morning, my right fingers will get really cold. I thought this may be due to some sort of hypoglycemia, but I can't figure it out. Allot of times it's just my right hands and my finger tips, but sometimes it's both and sometimes it can be the whole hands. Sometimes the warth will rush back inexplicably. It doesn't seem to happen as much at night as I'm usually warmer then, which makes me think it's cortisol related.

any chance to be histamine/adrenaline related?
in my case i got frozen feet and hands instantly when eating histamine foods or starchy foods.
that also triggers adrenaline vasoconstriction.
but for me it happens each time i eat these foods.

Martial

When you eat the bulk of your blood supply focuses on and moves to the digestion system. Perhaps something like the stuff you mentioned becomes exasperated when you eat for that reason. Could be low blood volume, thick blood, dysautonomia, and circulation issues like you mentioned. Even carpal tunnel can cause poor blood flow to the hands. Those are just some of my guesses anyways.

drob31

It seems to be a mystery. I did find that low dopamine causes this as well. I'm pretty sure I'm having neurotransmitter issues.