• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hampshire woman tells of her ME nightmare

Min

Desdinova

I was told there is no cure, I just have to manage my symptoms as best I can, said Kerry, whose doctor recognised the symptoms having suffered with the debilitating condition herself for six months.

I was told I had a good chance of recovery within five years because Im young, but here I am eight years later.
Six months???? I guess that might be enough time to experience severe fatigue to gain an understanding or at least an appreciation. But this sounds more like the same old line of "Must have had ongoing Fatigue for six months or more." Along with picking one of eight symptoms of which PEM is only one option thus the Doc had CFS/ME.

Wonder who diagnosed the Doc? As for five years I'm coming up on three years now suffering with these symptoms. I feel for her, at least she has the love of a husband. Someone would truly have to love you to marry anyone who has the medical problems that CFS/ME suffers have.