• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

H2S Test or Th1/Th2- confused!

So, I am thinking of going to see Dr. DeMeirleir, actually I have an appointment made already but am not sure. I want to make sure that he'll be able to help me so I want to take his test, but when I went on proteabiopharma (which is where I read somewhere else that the test would be) they only have the th1/th2 test. Which one is the right test?

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
So, I am thinking of going to see Dr. DeMeirleir, actually I have an appointment made already but am not sure. I want to make sure that he'll be able to help me so I want to take his test, but when I went on proteabiopharma (which is where I read somewhere else that the test would be) they only have the th1/th2 test. Which one is the right test?

I am not sure what you mean by an H2S test. Dr De Meirleir was interested in hydrogen sulphide a while back but I am not sure that he still is. I suspect the test no longer exists. I would not bother with a Th1/Th2 test, which is meaningless. To be honest I don't think either of these tests has anything to do with ME/CFS.

Living Dead

The tests developed by protea are ordered from www.redlabs.be .

They don't seem to offer the H2S test any more. Taking either of these tests (H2S, Th1/Th2) would not tell you whether he could help you, anyway.