Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

H2S Test or Th1/Th2- confused!

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Tabitha, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Tabitha

Tabitha

So, I am thinking of going to see Dr. DeMeirleir, actually I have an appointment made already but am not sure. I want to make sure that he'll be able to help me so I want to take his test, but when I went on proteabiopharma (which is where I read somewhere else that the test would be) they only have the th1/th2 test. Which one is the right test?

2. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards "Gibberish"

I am not sure what you mean by an H2S test. Dr De Meirleir was interested in hydrogen sulphide a while back but I am not sure that he still is. I suspect the test no longer exists. I would not bother with a Th1/Th2 test, which is meaningless. To be honest I don't think either of these tests has anything to do with ME/CFS.

3. Living Dead

Living Dead Senior Member

The tests developed by protea are ordered from www.redlabs.be .

They don't seem to offer the H2S test any more. Taking either of these tests (H2S, Th1/Th2) would not tell you whether he could help you, anyway.

Valentijn likes this.
  4. Living Dead

Living Dead Senior Member

I was thinking of having the test named CYTH from the immunology panel.

CYTH Th1/Th2 cytokines (IL-2, IL-4, IFN╬│ mRNA)

Do you think this test is useless as well? It is not the same as the urine test.

See more popular forum discussions.