• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Guardian article - Why not date someone with ME? We’re tough survivors

Skippa

Anti-BS
Interesting, when I did group therapy (yay PACE) we all agreed we'd never be with someone with ME, must be kinda crappy :(

Dolphin

Interesting, when I did group therapy (yay PACE) we all agreed we'd never be with someone with ME, must be kinda crappy :(
FYI, there was no group therapy in PACE though there has been in another trials.

Last edited:

valentinelynx

Currently exhausted - got stuck on first sentence, where the author states, "I am sitting opposite my partner in the kitchen, and they have not stopped talking for the last 45 minutes." I kept wondering who the other person was that the author's partner was talking to ("they"). Who the *&^ are "they"! Oh... I finally realized it was just bad grammar, using the plural pronoun rather than say, "she" or "he." :rolleyes:

Couldn't get through the rest. Seemed like a lengthy whine blaming society for her break-up. Or, to be safe, "the author's" break-up. Really, it seems more likely that the partner wasn't into her (or him) anymore, and seeking excuses. If you love someone, you put up with that person's quirks and challenges. If you aren't in love, then if challenges aren't outweighed by benefits (great sex, cooking, $$) then the challenges become deal breakers. Whether that is ME or your politics or that you talk with your mouth full. If you are still in love, that's going to hurt. But I doubt the relationship would have survived if she (or whatever) didn't have ME. Especially as mild as her current case is.

A long way to go from a simple, annoying grammar error! :lol:

Maybe he broke up with her because of her grammar?