Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Guardian - 7 Sins of psychology

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by SamanthaJ, May 12, 2017.

1. SamanthaJ

SamanthaJ Senior Member

https://www.theguardian.com/science...ience-the-path-ahead-for-reforming-psychology
    The writer of this piece, Chris Chambers, has a written a book, 'The Seven Deadly Sins of Psychology'. No mention of PACE, but some of the 'sins' sound familiar.

"Our mission wasn’t about truth seeking. How painfully naive I had been. It was about crunching through as many experiments as possible as quickly as possible, finding ways to make ambiguous data look beautiful, publishing frequently in prestigious journals, getting to work in so-and-so’s “rockstar” lab (which of course always produced beautiful results and published exclusively in said prestigious journals), winning large public grants, and basically getting as famous and powerful as possible."

He's based at Cardiff Uni's School of Psychology, which is I think home to Mansel Aylward? Not that I'm implying anything.

ETA: Just looked up the Science Media Centre for a separate query, and CC is on the advisory commitee.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    Dolphin, Skycloud, TiredSam and 18 others like this.
  2. trishrhymes

trishrhymes Senior Member

Excellent article. Directly applicable to Crawley, White and all their little pals. Don't suppose they will read it and recognise themselves.

3. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    Pedagogue prostitutes in other words

normally such corruption is "just" (and even then it's not trivial) a blight that retards Science
    but since this whole ugly and deliberate mess was about people's HEALTH, it was a high crime, including murder
    there must be no acceptance or cover up of this WHAT SO EVER

never EVER overlook or forget that people have been denied vital medical aid, had their children taken from them after falsely accused of a FAKE psychological issue and sometimes NEVER given back/adopted by others, people have lost limbs, been left paralyzed, killed or suffered permanent horrible traumas of all kinds by all this crap.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2017
    TiredSam likes this.
  4. Large Donner

Large Donner Senior Member

Wessely quote on the PACE trial....

Dolphin, TiredSam, Webdog and 6 others like this.
  5. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

6. SilverbladeTE

yes, rather appropriate, really...an Eye Tyrant, aka, a "beholder"
    evil, xenophobic, very intelligent but with extremely stunted wisdom and empathy, mad schemes to rule the world, sadistic, controls people by fear, generally go insane in the end
    Sounds like Wessely, don't it?

:p

[​IMG]

7. SilverbladeTE

render I made of a beholder years ago, much nicer looking than Wessely IMHO :p

i-beholder-_full.jpg

PhoenixDown and Sean like this.
  8. Barry53

Barry53 Senior Member

UK

alex3619, Dolphin, Skycloud and 5 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.