• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

growth hormone and thyrotropin-releasing hormone therapy?

aquariusgirl

Ji
Has anyone heard of anyone supplementing with the above hormones instead of downstream ones, ?

The following is taken from a site about mercury toxicity.. but touches on this hormone therapy.

thanks

Another neurological effect of mercury that occurs at very low levels is inhibition of nerve growth factors, for which deficiencies result in nerve degeneration. Mercury vapor is lipid soluble and has an affinity for red blood cells and CNS cells(21a). Only a few micrograms of mercury severely disturb cellular function and inhibits nerve growth (175,147,226,255,305,149). Prenatal or neonatal exposures have been found to have life long effects on nerve function and susceptibility to toxic effects. Prenatal mercury vapor exposure that results in levels of only 4 parts per billion in newborn rat brains was found to cause decreases in nerve growth factor and other effects(305). This is a level that is common in the population with several amalgam fillings or other exposures(500). Insulin-like-growth factor I (IGF-I) are positively correlated with growth hormone levels and have been found to be the best easily measured marker for levels of growth hormone, but males have been found more responsive to this factor than women(497). IGF-I controls the survival of spinal motor neurons affected in ALS during development as well as later in life(497,498). IGF-I and insulin levels have been found to be reduced in ALS patients with evidence this is a factor in ALS(497,498). Several clinical trials have found IGF-I treatment is effective at reducing the damage and slowing the progression of ALS and Alzheimers with no medically important adverse effects(498

]It has also been found that in chronically ill patients the levels of pituitary and thyroid hormones that control many bodily processes are low, and that supplementing both thyrotropin-releasing hormone and growth control hormone is more effective at increasing all of these hormone levels in the patient(499). [/I][/B][/U]

http://www.flcv.com/amalg6.html

voner

I not only had my Mercury algum fillings replaced, but also I did a six-month trial of hgh (Omnitrope). Replacing the fillings had no effect on my symptoms. The only thing the Omnitrope did for me was to further disturb my sleep - which I didn't realize until I went off the Omnitrope. Kind of counterintuitive to me, but that's what happened. I was kind of gung ho on trying hgh for a long time -- I used to follow the research of Robert Bennett from the University of Oregon - who did a lot of research on fibromyalgia and they explored the connection between hgh and somatostatin…. eventually they gave up on it -- I think…. it certainly iwas an expensive option for me – my insurance wouldn't cover that sort of experiment….