• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Greatly appreciate any help interpreting my 23andMe results and suggested treatment options. !!

Greetings-

I recently received my 23andMe results (see below) and ran the raw data thru a few different sites/apps. While the results are not exactly glowing, I am hopeful that they will provide the answers that I'm seeking and a path to health.

From what I have read, the results below present a more complex case, which cannot necessarily be simply remedied by taking therapeutic doses of the active form of vitamin B-12. I do have a b-complex from Pure, that has folic acid and B-12 in the desired forms, as well as BCAA Aminos. But I have held off on adding them to my current supplements, until I better understand the appropriate treatment protocol.

Honestly, I'm not sure where to start -- so many cascading symptoms. I'd be happy to share further details, if it helps.

Any and all suggestions are greatly welcomed!!

Homozygous mutations:
  • MAO-A R297R
  • BHMT-02
  • BHMT-04
  • BHMT-08
Heterozygous Mutations:
  • MTHFR C677T
  • MTHFR 03 P39P
  • MTHFR A1298C
  • COMT V158M
  • COMT H62H
  • VDR Bsm
  • VDR Taq
  • MTRR A66G
  • CBS C699T
  • CBS A360A

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-02-13 at 7.42.14 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-02-13 at 7.42.14 PM.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 16

Critterina

Methylfolate (more), B12 (methyl if you can take it, some), then later, TMG (if you tolerate it). I could explain, but I'm up past my bed time. See what others say and decide for yourself.

Thanks critterina. The body is such a complex system. I may have made the mistake over the last few years of attempting certain protocols without understanding the potential fallout. Maybe I couldn't possibly have known.

Anyhow, yes, I've read that methyl B-12 is a good place to start.

Last edited:

Critterina

A few mistakes? Haven't we all!!! :( I could tell stories!
MethylB12, yes, but your need for methylfolate will be much greater if my understanding is right. If you start with MB12 and your face breaks out, you've possibly created a folate deficiency.
Good luck!

Just wanted to keep the thread going...any input is greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone knows of any knowledgeable clinicians that accept insurance, please share!

Big thanks!

Critterina

Hi there, @cbmtl . How are you doing? There's a different forum about doctors and clinicians. You might look there for practitioners. I was looking again at your post. I know there's a lot of negativity about folic acid on this site, but if you haven't had problems yet, you probably can continue taking it without problems, don't you think?